Re: Stand Alone Driverpack utility for all OS (XP, 2k3, 2k8, Vista, Win7)

Hello there,

I have question for driverpack community. Im using SAD+driverpacks for deploying drivers on my new installed PCs(win7) and it works great! My question is, how can I update already installed workstations(already in use by users) with new drivers?
Scenario is - few thousands workstation on local network and I want upgrade drivers for intel graphic on them. How can I do this? It must by silent and unattended. Can I achieve this somehow with SAD or are there special-better tools for this?

Re: Stand Alone Driverpack utility for all OS (XP, 2k3, 2k8, Vista, Win7)

you can use SAD with a custom driverpack, or you can make a custom install with DPINST.exe yourself
SAD is a script that uses / automates Microsoft DPINST. dpinst.exe is the engine that makes it possible.

It's pretty easy to learn and use even if you have entry level code skills

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Re: Stand Alone Driverpack utility for all OS (XP, 2k3, 2k8, Vista, Win7)

thx for clarification of that microsoft dpinst.exe.

So anybody from driverpack community didnt solving similar scenario to main?

...or how do you upgrade workstations drivers if you have so many of those?

Last edited by Mlok22wet (2014-03-22 22:25:25)

Re: Stand Alone Driverpack utility for all OS (XP, 2k3, 2k8, Vista, Win7)

you can simply run SAD on each workstation that needs updated, but, you must have the driverpacks on the local machine.

since the entire set of packs is rather large a custom pack makes more sense. You could do it with the entire set if you like.

you could use a number of methods to automate the process at night from a server, that would depend on your specific setup as to how you would do it.

I will offer you this old adage "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" 
Translation: The machines are running fine, don't update the drivers. When they break, then update the drivers.
there is very rarely a benefit to updating a working machine, and the benefit is always negligible. Updating the drivers may in fact cause issues, perhaps even make them non-bootable.

Can you elaborate on why you wish to do this?

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Re: Stand Alone Driverpack utility for all OS (XP, 2k3, 2k8, Vista, Win7)

OverFlow wrote:

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Im working in IT area long time and this is my motto smile

Im asking about this massive upgrade of driver(s) because I encounter weird bug in intel graphic on HP6300 platform.
Nearly year ago I download all needed packs from this site and start installing. Everything looks good(except USB3 drivers). After 2-3 months without problems, few of our HP6300 workstations start loosing resolution and just before windows logon dialog, graphic card switch on 640x480(on 23 monitor). Whats interesting I have this problem only on 10% of my workstation. They are all manufactured and buyed in same time...so no different revision of chips or desing changes.
For users is this bug very frustrating as they can work with this resolution and must wait for our help(manual change of resolution in windows).
So now I must resolv this ASAP as I dont want spend my mornings changing resolutions on windows workstations anymore! smile

Can you recommend any specific howto for creating custom pack? So far I just need pack latest available driver for integrated intel graphic card and I will push this pack with SAD through domain politics or logon script.

Last edited by Mlok22wet (2014-03-23 21:58:46)

Re: Stand Alone Driverpack utility for all OS (XP, 2k3, 2k8, Vista, Win7)

you simply put the drivers you want in the correct folder in SAD. The driver folders are separated by OS and type (x86 or x64) there are place holders to help you, it really could not be any easier. We compress our packs to save space but that is not neccessary, and would be an extra step you could skip.

so download sad put your windows 7 X64 drivers in

SAD\NT6\x64\D\your drivers here
SAD\NT6\x86\D\your\drivers\here
ETC...

NOTE : uncompressed drivers go in subfolder "\D\"  if the folder "D" exists then any DriverPacks are ignored.
It's an either or situation, DriverPacks OR extracted drivers.
(why bother to extract them if they are already extracted wink )

Add a \D\ folder and put your drivers in there, simple and easy.
the D\ folder will be searched recursively so you can put as many folders as you like.

run with admin privileges   "SAD\DP_Install_Tool.cmd /KR"

Or one of the other silent switches listed in the readme on the machines that you wish

from the included readme file...

Example of switches:
"/S"  Silent install, Touchpad/HID drivers kept, exit no reboot.
"/SR" Silent install, Touchpad/HID drivers kept, exit and auto reboot.

"/K"  Silent install, keeps only drivers for your OS, exit no reboot.
"/KR" Silent install, keeps only drivers for your OS, exit and auto reboot.
     
"/C"  Silent install, keeps all drivers, exit no reboot.
"/CR" Silent install, keeps all drivers, exit and auto reboot.
Use Only One Silent Install Switch!

if you are going to push this from logon script or similar keep in mind you must put the \SAD\.. folder on teh remote machine and run it locally on the remote machine.

We have made it as easy as possible to do what you want big_smile

best wishes for your success.

PS if you are dead set on making a DriverPack start another thread. (perhaps in graphics sub forum)

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Re: Stand Alone Driverpack utility for all OS (XP, 2k3, 2k8, Vista, Win7)

excelent how-to! THX.

Now I will go bother someone in graphics subforum smile

Last edited by Mlok22wet (2014-03-25 05:26:31)

Re: Stand Alone Driverpack utility for all OS (XP, 2k3, 2k8, Vista, Win7)

What do I need to do to get this to run in Win 8.1 x64? I see references to the script supporting Windows 8.1, but upon running, I get a "windows 8.1 Pro - which uses DriverPacks - not currently supported - please the exit program now" and prompt to exit

Edit; using the latest version available on the 1st page link SAD3-130627

Last edited by Fragbert (2014-03-27 07:03:18)

Re: Stand Alone Driverpack utility for all OS (XP, 2k3, 2k8, Vista, Win7)

Fragbert wrote:

What do I need to do to get this to run in Win 8.1 x64? I see references to the script supporting Windows 8.1, but upon running, I get a "windows 8.1 Pro - which uses DriverPacks - not currently supported - please the exit program now" and prompt to exit

It's a simple fix...standby...

Here you go.  I forgot to upload the latest version.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/resi1 … -130825.7z

Re: Stand Alone Driverpack utility for all OS (XP, 2k3, 2k8, Vista, Win7)

The WinSetupFromUSB crew has linked to your project, Mr_Smartepants!

In v1.4 changelog,  ilko_t wrote:

"added advanced option to add custom folder with boot critical drivers for NT6 sources (Vista and later). These drivers are added in boot.wim and loaded with DrvLoad before start of Setup, scratch space is increased accordingly. Only drivers for present devices will are loaded. Use it to add USB, SATA/SCSI or Chipset/USB drivers for example. Loaded drivers will be staged and available to the OS being installed. For non boot-critical drivers (Lan, WLan, Video etc.), have a look here"

     http://www.winsetupfromusb.com/downloads/ & http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/120444- … ?p=1072782

Last edited by TechDud (2014-04-07 20:01:25)

Re: Stand Alone Driverpack utility for all OS (XP, 2k3, 2k8, Vista, Win7)

OUR project!  Not mine...OURS. big_smile

Re: Stand Alone Driverpack utility for all OS (XP, 2k3, 2k8, Vista, Win7)

mr_smartepants im interested in using SAD3 for a winxp x64 install ive got all my drivers for a install just wondering as nt5 only has a x86 folder what should i do so i can add mine after desktop?? is the script ok to just add a x64 folder and will it then unpack and use what is needed

Last edited by darky35 (2014-04-13 05:33:32)

Re: Stand Alone Driverpack utility for all OS (XP, 2k3, 2k8, Vista, Win7)

darky35 wrote:

mr_smartepants im interested in using SAD3 for a winxp x64 install ive got all my drivers for a install just wondering as nt5 only has a x86 folder what should i do so i can add mine after desktop?? is the script ok to just add a x64 folder and will it then unpack and use what is needed

No. 
DriverPacks do not support WinXP64.  Period.
SAD3 will explicitly scan for WinXP64 and exit if found.  WinXP64 is not supported.
However...
If you put your own drivers in \nt5\x64 and delete line 245 in the script it MAY work but it is unsupported.

:Method_Check
:: Double check for XP-64.  Delete the below line to force usage for XP-64 (NOT supported, you're on your own!).
IF /I "%F_OSBuild%"=="NT5" (IF /I "%F_OSbit%"=="64" GOTO Error1)

Re: Stand Alone Driverpack utility for all OS (XP, 2k3, 2k8, Vista, Win7)

Hello,

When I put these files in $1 he deletes the DP_Install_Tool.cmd but the folders bin and nt6 stay in the root of my installation, can I also delete this folders after install or are they still needed for one of the two methods? I believe that the D folders must not be removed if I am correct.

Method 1 according to your readme file says that it will scan on removable drives, when I use it with the setupcomplete the files are placed in my root, will windows scan there also when adding new hardware?

My goal is to have an installation where when I add a new device windows will automagicly find the correct drivers, I think method 1 is the way to go or am I wrong and do I need to create a disk for it?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Stand Alone Driverpack utility for all OS (XP, 2k3, 2k8, Vista, Win7)

Noting that the latest SAD3 has the old DevPath.exe, yet doesn't seem to work with Win2k nor ever has (unless failure was my fault somehow - a possibility for sure).  Would updating DevPath.exe and removing Win2k from the OS Support List be advantageous?

Last edited by TechDud (2014-05-09 07:45:48)

Re: Stand Alone Driverpack utility for all OS (XP, 2k3, 2k8, Vista, Win7)

OverFlow wrote:

you simply put the drivers you want in the correct folder in SAD. The driver folders are separated by OS and type (x86 or x64) there are place holders to help you, it really could not be any easier. We compress our packs to save space but that is not neccessary, and would be an extra step you could skip.

so download sad put your windows 7 X64 drivers in

SAD\NT6\x64\D\your drivers here
SAD\NT6\x86\D\your\drivers\here
ETC...

NOTE : uncompressed drivers go in subfolder "\D\"  if the folder "D" exists then any DriverPacks are ignored.
It's an either or situation, DriverPacks OR extracted drivers.
(why bother to extract them if they are already extracted wink )

Add a \D\ folder and put your drivers in there, simple and easy.
the D\ folder will be searched recursively so you can put as many folders as you like.

run with admin privileges   "SAD\DP_Install_Tool.cmd /KR"

Or one of the other silent switches listed in the readme on the machines that you wish

from the included readme file...

Example of switches:
"/S"  Silent install, Touchpad/HID drivers kept, exit no reboot.
"/SR" Silent install, Touchpad/HID drivers kept, exit and auto reboot.

"/K"  Silent install, keeps only drivers for your OS, exit no reboot.
"/KR" Silent install, keeps only drivers for your OS, exit and auto reboot.
     
"/C"  Silent install, keeps all drivers, exit no reboot.
"/CR" Silent install, keeps all drivers, exit and auto reboot.
Use Only One Silent Install Switch!

if you are going to push this from logon script or similar keep in mind you must put the \SAD\.. folder on teh remote machine and run it locally on the remote machine.

We have made it as easy as possible to do what you want big_smile

best wishes for your success.

PS if you are dead set on making a DriverPack start another thread. (perhaps in graphics sub forum)

Hi,

thanks for the information. I tried to create a 7-Zip File for the installation, but it never extract the zip file.
What format need the 7-zip file or what folder must contain the Container?

Because i wanna add USB 3.0 Renesis Driver, because the integrated driver in the chipset driverpack doesnt get installed.  HWID PCI\VEN_1033&DEV_0194&CC_0C0330
So i wanna add the driver from the HP Homepage Renesis 2.28.0 with this driver its no problem (the integratet are Version 2.39.0 as i saw) After i integrate the driver in the driver chipset pack, it wont be found and when i try to install the driver manually it tells me the driver isnt signed, but it is the original from the intel page. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail … ldID=19880

The USB 3.0 Host Controller will be found with no problem while the script running, but the USB 3.0 Root Hub makes these problems.

Thanks and best regards
RyperX

Edit:
I think i maybe know what is the problem.
At the first step it must be the Host Controller installed, after this installation the Unknown device (USB 3.0 Root Hub) pops up.

Last edited by RyperX (2014-05-17 00:41:48)

Re: Stand Alone Driverpack utility for all OS (XP, 2k3, 2k8, Vista, Win7)

So the problem with the usb 3.0 hub is definitly because in the first installation routine the USB 3.0 Host Controller will be found. Then in the device manager the Unknown Device (USB 3.0 Root Hub) pops up, but the script is not searching for the driver for this new device. When i click automatic install and chose the D\x64 path the USB 3.0 Root Hub will be found.

Is there any chance to make this automatically?

Hope anybody see this^^

Re: Stand Alone Driverpack utility for all OS (XP, 2k3, 2k8, Vista, Win7)

RyperX wrote:

So the problem with the usb 3.0 hub is definitly because in the first installation routine the USB 3.0 Host Controller will be found. Then in the device manager the Unknown Device (USB 3.0 Root Hub) pops up, but the script is not searching for the driver for this new device. When i click automatic install and chose the D\x64 path the USB 3.0 Root Hub will be found.

Is there any chance to make this automatically?

Hope anybody see this^^

You should consider using Snappy Driver Installer. It's able to install nested drivers in a single go.
http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=10794

I must warn you, though. Be careful with USB 3.0 drivers from Intel. You'll get BSOD if you try to install latest drivers on an old generation chipset. Snappy Driver Installer is able to distinguish different generations and pick the correct driver but drivers inside the driverpack must be put inside folders with names intel_2nd and intel_4th.

Intel USB 3.0 driverpack for Snappy Driver Installer.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/actdb … tel_FIX.7z
Do not use this driverpack with SAD for it cannot pick the correct driver.

By the way, SAD uses DPInst to do the actual work of picking and installing drivers. SAD can be configured to use Snappy Driver Installer in place of DPInst by changing only one line in DP_Install_Tool.cmd.

Re: Stand Alone Driverpack utility for all OS (XP, 2k3, 2k8, Vista, Win7)

Thank you for the response, i will check Snappy Driver Installer

Would be nice when you can tell me the code to use SDI wink

I dont know if i should use this or the other post for asking because SDI, but i tried your autoinstall
(-autoinstall –autoclose "-finishrb_cmd:Shutdown.exe -r -t 15")
in the setupcomplete.cmd the program start but asks because the EULA/AGK is it possible to disable this question.

Last edited by RyperX (2014-05-21 00:13:51)

Re: Stand Alone Driverpack utility for all OS (XP, 2k3, 2k8, Vista, Win7)

RyperX wrote:

Thank you for the response, i will check Snappy Driver Installer

Would be nice when you can tell me the code to use SDI wink

I dont know if i should use this or the other post for asking because SDI, but i tried your autoinstall
(-autoinstall –autoclose "-finishrb_cmd:Shutdown.exe -r -t 15")
in the setupcomplete.cmd the program start but asks because the EULA/AGK is it possible to disable this question.

It shows the License dialog only the first time you run it. You can see that settings.cfg includes the -license switch from now on.
You can also run SDI with the -license switch to suppress the dialog.

Re: Stand Alone Driverpack utility for all OS (XP, 2k3, 2k8, Vista, Win7)

At the end of my testing i found out that the settings.cfg is needed because the license, but after i created the Setup DVD (with SDI copied from another + settings.cfg) i get asked again.

Thanks for the info because the switch i will try it today.
The driver installations works really fast and correct, is an nice tool.

I will ask the next questions in the SDI Thread, because here is the wrong location smile

Thanks have a nice day

Edit:
The -license switch works great, i wrote in your thread because the windows 7 setup wink
Thanks

Last edited by RyperX (2014-05-21 18:40:26)

Re: Stand Alone Driverpack utility for all OS (XP, 2k3, 2k8, Vista, Win7)

Awesome to get good feedback on SDI since it's new to us here at DriverPacks.net.
It looks very comprehensive, looking forward to trying it myself.

RyperX is right... quit hijacking my thread man! tongue

As you have discovered now this has to do with nested driver installation. USB depends on Chipset. Since you did not integrate your chipset drivers into your install WIM your OS is not ready to install the USB drivers. you can run SAD a second time or the best thing to do is to add DriverPack MassStorage and DriverPack Chipset to your setup and install WIM files, this keeps the size of the wim down and eliminates nested driver issues.

Best of luck

Jeff

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Re: Stand Alone Driverpack utility for all OS (XP, 2k3, 2k8, Vista, Win7)

Hello Great tool i`m using the one for xp for years now

I currently having problem trying to integrate driverpacks to a windows 7 sp1 32bit iso using this tool

what i do is create the following folders in sources: $oem$/$1/D/SAD3/ and $oem$/$$/Setup/Scripts/

after that i extract the tool in the folder sources/$oem$/$1/D/SAD3/

and put the compressed "7z" driverpacks into the sources/$oem$/$1/D/SAD3/NT6/x86 folder and the setupcomplete.cmd script in the sources/oem$/$$/Setup/Scripts/ folder

the script it self has the commands:

@echo off
START %systemdrive%\DP_Install_Tool.cmd /s
DEL %0

and save the iso

after the windows setup finish nothing happens no drivers installed

what do i do wrong???

Last edited by symbios24 (2014-07-01 10:04:44)

Re: Stand Alone Driverpack utility for all OS (XP, 2k3, 2k8, Vista, Win7)

Are Bigfoot's Vista-7-8 beta DP's fully compatible with SAD3?
It would seem that the tree structure has been grafted, à la Frankenstein there.  That could be instrumental.  Leuk!

Last edited by TechDud (2014-07-02 13:27:56)

Re: Stand Alone Driverpack utility for all OS (XP, 2k3, 2k8, Vista, Win7)

symbios24 wrote:

the script it self has the commands:

@echo off
START %systemdrive%\DP_Install_Tool.cmd /s
DEL %0

Please read the first post.  Your "start" line path is wrong.
It's expecting to execute a file that doesn't exist; C:\DP_Install_Tool.cmd /s