Topic: Slipstream Slowes Down In Multiuse

Just wondering, when I use DPs_BASE.exe to slipstream my 5 diff XP sources, it slows down. The first two will slipstream in 1min 20sec but the 3-5 will take 9 to 10min. I have deleted the QSC folder and settings and started over but not helping. If I change the drive letter of my external...it will speed up again but it must be something simple. Don't want to change the driver letter every time. Any help?

Re: Slipstream Slowes Down In Multiuse

I wonder if DriverPacks BASE is writing to the system cache/temp dir and each subsequent run is wasting time overwriting files.  Either that or something wacky is going on with the Windows write-cache.
Do you use CrapCleaner?  Try running that in between each integration and see if that helps.  At the very least it would help keep things tidy.

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

Thanks, mr_smartepants! Forgot about CCleaner. I ran it and cleaned up my temp and it fix the issuse. Just tested a slipstream and it was back down from 10min 42sec to 1min 29sec, so I would say a major improvement. Thanks! smile

Never mind. Must have been a coincidence. I ran the CCleaner and ran another slipstream and its back up to ten minutes. Not sure? Can I clean the temp of the external drive?

I got a tip from Overflow several months back. I use ESET and Dbase integration took 10 minutes +
Disabling my Anti-spyware temporally reduced it to a minute or so.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, BigBrit. I add that driverpack folder to the exceptions on my nod32. Doesn't mean nod listen! lol I am going to disable the nod all together and test again. Thanks for the driverpacks guys, couldn't do my job with out them! I will let you know if turning off the nod fixed it.

Thanks Guys, was my Nod32. Turned it off and slipstream dropped back down to 1min and 20sec. Turn Nod32 back on and 10 min so problem solved! smile