Re: [PROB] Intel's aarich.sys conflicts with ICH5R driver.

Fragbert wrote:
Bâshrat the Sneaky wrote:

The JMicron drivers. I think you only commented ONE of the TWO JMicron drivers during your tests?

I commented out both, the raid and the ahci and still got the error. Are there other jmicron drivers or oem drivers that are similar to jmicron?

Nope. This problem is a real PITA...

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

Well as long as you feel my troubleshooting is worthwhile to continue, I can go ahead try systematically to find the culprit in SCSI.Load

I'll start by remarking one half of the list (keeping iastrold of course) and if it loads properly, then we know that half of the list does not have the culprit, so then on to the other half of the list, then segment that list into halves, and try to narrow down which one is causing this mess without going through a whole spool of CD media smile

Fragbert wrote:

Well as long as you feel my troubleshooting is worthwhile to continue, I can go ahead try systematically to find the culprit in SCSI.Load

I'll start by remarking one half of the list (keeping iastrold of course) and if it loads properly, then we know that half of the list does not have the culprit, so then on to the other half of the list, then segment that list into halves, and try to narrow down which one is causing this mess without going through a whole spool of CD media smile

Yep, binary searching for the culprit is the best way to do it! wink smile

Ok all drivers listed *before* iastrold are commented out in SCSI.Load. Result - 0x7b BSOD. That's the first I've seen that. EDIT - WOOPS, need atapi.sys will continue tonight.

I'll edit this post as I go through with this testing.

Last edited by Fragbert (2006-09-01 00:53:14)

FOUND IT.

aarich.sys

Which is an older ICH found on SATA RAID controllers integrated with embedded Intel Xeon server boards. The model name is 6300ESB, nicknamed "Hance Rapids". A clue as to why these drivers may get cross referenced with the older IaStor is that apparently Intel released 875P development boards with the 6300ESB ICH chipset and a few production models exist for industrial applications (however almost all 875 consumer boards use ICH5 instead):

http://www.intel.com/design/intarch/man … 106101.pdf
http://www.portwell.com/embedded/ATX_Mo … 7703GA.htm

Strangely enough, the 6300ESB is still supported by intel in the latest chipset release: http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts … bmit=Go%21

UPDATE: Found this page: http://www.intel.com/design/chipsets/em … 300esb.htm

"Intel has integrated features into the 6300ESB ICH that offer the performance, stability and reliability customers require for embedded computing applications. It is a derivative of the Intel® 82801EB (ICH5) and builds upon the ICH5 design by improving bandwidth via PCI-X 64/66 and PCI 32/33 support. It also provides port 60/64 emulation, dual 16500 compatible UARTs, a two-stage watchdog timer, and 37 GPIOs."

So anyway, adding a ";" by aarich in SCSI.LOAD did the trick. Not sure on what the solution would be to have both drivers coexist without causing a mess, I'll leave that up to you smile

Last edited by Fragbert (2006-09-01 13:04:13)

Fragbert wrote:

FOUND IT.

aarich.sys

Which is an older ICH found on SATA RAID controllers integrated with embedded Intel Xeon server boards. The model name is 6300ESB, nicknamed "Hance Rapids". A clue as to why these drivers may get cross referenced with the older IaStor is that apparently Intel released 875P development boards with the 6300ESB ICH chipset and a few production models exist for industrial applications (however almost all 875 consumer boards use ICH5 instead):

http://www.intel.com/design/intarch/man … 106101.pdf
http://www.portwell.com/embedded/ATX_Mo … 7703GA.htm

Strangely enough, the 6300ESB is still supported by intel in the latest chipset release: http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts … bmit=Go%21

UPDATE: Found this page: http://www.intel.com/design/chipsets/em … 300esb.htm

"Intel has integrated features into the 6300ESB ICH that offer the performance, stability and reliability customers require for embedded computing applications. It is a derivative of the Intel® 82801EB (ICH5) and builds upon the ICH5 design by improving bandwidth via PCI-X 64/66 and PCI 32/33 support. It also provides port 60/64 emulation, dual 16500 compatible UARTs, a two-stage watchdog timer, and 37 GPIOs."

So anyway, adding a ";" by aarich in SCSI.LOAD did the trick. Not sure on what the solution would be to have both drivers coexist without causing a mess, I'll leave that up to you smile

I'm tired (almost 4 AM here so won't start brainstorming about a final solution either). I'm glad it's solved. Won't use many words. In fact I'll just use one:

RESPECT!

Nice find!

(Ok granted, that make 3...)

Anything new on this issue?

Thanks.

Fragbert,

You probably saved me almost a full day with this thread. Thanks so much. If I'm ever in your part of the world, I owe you a beer (that goes for you too Bashrat).

Woland wrote:

Fragbert,

You probably saved me almost a full day with this thread. Thanks so much. If I'm ever in your part of the world, I owe you a beer (that goes for you too Bashrat).

Considering your timezone, that won't be any time soon I guess smile

hello,

I have an ASUS MB with ICH5 and my SATA HDD should arrive in the next couple of days.
After reading this thread I am really confused.
What should I do or what file should I edit ?

PS. I do not have a FDD so this is really important... smile

Thanks.

Hi,

1;
if DriverPacks cannot do it, there is always winimage to extract drivers to a folder, and Nlite to integrate these few drivers from the folder you extracted to.

2;
DriverPacks puts a lot of devices is SCSI load section in txtsetup.sif
That is the file you asked about when you ask you are not sure wich is it I shall edit.
3;
use a DVDRW, do what you do, and do DriverPacks with masstorage/TXTMODE as the LAST slipstream to that source you use. if you do not use txtmode, driver will not try load at boot.

chances are that it works right away.
If not, yell.

Last edited by jtdoom (2006-10-22 12:39:39)

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

jdaniel wrote:

hello,

I have an ASUS MB with ICH5 and my SATA HDD should arrive in the next couple of days.
After reading this thread I am really confused.
What should I do or what file should I edit ?

PS. I do not have a FDD so this is really important... smile

Thanks.

You want to comment out the one driver that conflicts with tthe ICH5R by adding a ";" by aarich in SCSI.LOAD

I am having a problem finding the "F6" drivers for my MSI 848P Neo V. The chip is Intel 82801EB i have tried finding the drivers for it but have had no luck not even the ones posted here. Does any one know where i can find them? Also the MSI number is MS-6788. I have tried a few custom windows disks but none have the drivers.

trigga wrote:

I am having a problem finding the "F6" drivers for my MSI 848P Neo V. The chip is Intel 82801EB i have tried finding the drivers for it but have had no luck not even the ones posted here. Does any one know where i can find them? Also the MSI number is MS-6788. I have tried a few custom windows disks but none have the drivers.

Please post this as request in the right place.

Helmi can you move this one?

isn't it strange that aarich.sys is branded adaptec, but that the INF is using HWIDs for INTEL?

if we had any idea which chip and (probably more important) Boot-ROM this adaptec used, we might get rid of this driver and put the HWIDs in a driver that uses same chip/ROM.

as it is, I looked at the sys files (like others before me), and did not remove it.
Iastor OLD [IN-1-O] lists  PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24DF with &CC_0104 behind that

adaptec's aarich [ad-a] just uses PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24DF

I would like to make that [ad-a] load AFTER intel's

one can do that by unpacking the mass storage folder into new (empty) folder, open its INI, cut [AD-A] section, and paste it at bottom.
that would make it still support adaptec embedded, but intel would get loaded first when a full match was made for intel.

another option, one can disable aarich by putting a zero in drivercount = 1  in [AD-A]

after editing, 7zip the INI and the D folder (with a name like DP_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32_70432)
hehe, that 32 is a joke, but you do want to differentiate it from the downloaded one... wink

then use it, and if that works, let us know

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

In my all test, these solutions works :
-1) if you change the order of AD-A and put it after IASTOROLD
-2) Disable AD-A driver with make ms_count = 0
-3) I change HWID list in AD-A : delete generic range of HWID :
- Before : "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24DF,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24DF&SUBSYS_498015D9&REV_02,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_25B0"
- After : "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24DF&SUBSYS_498015D9&REV_02"

All 3 system works, but I suggest in next version just reduce HWID range in AD-A, and add new real HDWID from users !

roger that..
and done the fix

Last edited by jtdoom (2007-04-14 14:20:40)

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.