Topic: getting mass storage drivers to inject with offline sysprep

I work in a public school system. We have a standard base image that we use for most things, also with the intention that it can be customized and resealed for specific needs such as labs. The image is deployed via Ghost. One problem with the image is that some of it's driver support is lacking. I have spent a few days now, trying to learn how to get this all to work. I've never really delved into the guts of sysprep before, so this is somewhat new to me.

The group who created our image has a CMD file they use to create a new sysprep.inf file each time. I have modified that to suit my needs to integrate driverpacks. Here is what I have so far.

-Downloaded all the latest driverpacks and base.
-Extracted Chipset, CPU, and LAN to C:\D\
-Used SAD M2 for all the graphics, sound, WLAN, and mass storage drivers and copied those files to C:\DRIVERPACKS.NET\
-have the CMD file set the devpath to include C:\D and put the dp_install_tool.cmd into a runonceex registry entry.
-sealed the image with sysprep without including the mass storage drivers

I then boot to my LiveXP disc and run offline sysprep on the system. I set HAL to autoconfig at first boot, disable intelppm, inject hwids supported out of the box and to include all non-ide mass storage drivers (I gather that's not a good idea but I'm not clear on how to select the ones I want it to do). OLSP does it's thing but when I check my sysprep.inf file, it doesn't seem to have included the mass storage drivers in it. I have tried it both with and without the mass storage section already included.

Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong here? I know it can install the full PNP driver later, so I guess all really need are the textmode drivers to get it to boot into the minisetup?

If it helps, most of our equipment is Dell and goes back to the early P4 days. There are other brands too, mainly from donations of equipment. I would guess that I would need all of the Intel ones from early P4 on plus whatever chipsets Dell has used in their AMD systems. The more I can get the better.

Any helps would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.