Topic: It's working!!!!! HD Audio (KB888111)

Just tried it on my laptop and it booted up with sound for the first time in a long while. smile Good job Bâshrat the Sneaky. Hopefully others can confirm.

Used Driverpack Base 6.08.2 with updated SoundDrivers Pack.

Re: It's working!!!!! HD Audio (KB888111)

mp3login wrote:

Hopefully others can confirm.

Not yet as I still need the laptop to create my CDs wink

Probably in less than a month, I need to buy a new one anyway (my sister, who is supposed to get this one, is waiting), which means a reinstall so I can test.

But I guess I'm not the only one to rely on smile

Very good news, mp3login! smile

It really must have been that updated Realtek HDA driver, then smile

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

Here succesfull aswel  with a Realtek ALC888   base6.08.2   soundA6.08
But I integrated KB888111 and KB921401  with nlite as the  dutch RyanVM updatepack  does NOT include them and Driverpack Base didn't either.
Base6.08.2 detectes ryanvm update pack and does not  integrate them , altough they don't seem to be in every updatepack as can be seen in
\SVCPACK\    the file kb888111wxpsp2.ca_ is missing otherwise and installation of the soundcard fails.
Thanks for your wonderfull work guy's.

Last edited by hoppy (2006-08-16 02:20:14)

The DriverPacks BASE does include them, but only if you're slipstreaming DriverPack Sound A, which you are. And yes, if an UpdatePuck is detected, it won't be slipstreamed either. It's strange that hp38guser's (or is it MeulC's) Dutch UpdatePack doesn't include them... they're well known.

I know that driverpack base has the updates but I ment that the basepack presumed that its in all the ryanvm updatepacks (first I did to) but it isn't.
I only found it out today when every install seems to work perfectly except with hd audio and took a better look today.
I sureley didn't want to offend you, but was only trying to contribute  as this seemed to be onnoticed so far.

Last edited by hoppy (2006-08-16 02:33:13)

hoppy wrote:

But I integrated KB888111 and KB921401  with nlite as the  dutch RyanVM updatepack  does NOT include them and Driverpack Base didn't either.
Base6.08.2 detectes ryanvm update pack and does not  integrate them , altough they don't seem to be in every updatepack as can be seen in
\SVCPACK\    the file kb888111wxpsp2.ca_ is missing otherwise and installation of the soundcard fails.

The HD audio used to not install for me unless I used RyanVM's update pack but with the new soundpack and driver base 6.08.2 you don't need to use RyanVM's update pack to get it working. smile

mp3login wrote:
hoppy wrote:

The HD audio used to not install for me unless I used RyanVM's update pack but with the new soundpack and driver base 6.08.2 you don't need to use RyanVM's update pack to get it working. smile

I know but I don't use it for my drivers but want to have an updated windows as I install it.

If you want it to NOW, then all you have to do is rename the /I386/RVMPUPPCK.IN_ file to something else before the slipstream, and rename it to its original name upon completion. wink

I don't think I will add a 'fix' for this problem, since these hotfixes are SUPPOSED to be included. I don't understand why they are not. Are you using an old version, perhaps?

No, just downloaded the dutch aug updatepack today  as the older one was out of date (but it seems that the older one didn't contain it either).
For me you don't need to fix it as from now on my UWCD is with the update (and includes the kb) so no problem (more) for me.
Just wanted to spear you from searching for a reason why it doesn't seem to work always, as you'd probably have things enough to consider.

Ok, thanks then smile

Glad to help