Topic: Help , Devcon.exe command ?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2745/4493350977_2a05ffc1ab_o.jpg

How to remove device in  this picture by devcon.exe command? Please some example about it and more device?

Thanks for guide , Sorry for my english is quite bad.

Re: Help , Devcon.exe command ?

This is the HAL driver for you or CPU. You don't want to remove it, believe me. Is there a specific reason why?

Btw, are you Vietnamese?

Maybe something like this reg file will do what you want:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\ACPI_HAL\0000]

Regards,
Galapo.

kickarse wrote:

This is the HAL driver for you or CPU. You don't want to remove it, believe me. Is there a specific reason why?

Btw, are you Vietnamese?

I Want to make backup for differences hardwave, therefore i want to remove alot of device.

Yes , I from Vietnamese. Thanks for support

Last edited by stependuy (2010-04-07 02:09:44)

Galapo wrote:

Maybe something like this reg file will do what you want:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\ACPI_HAL\0000]

Regards,
Galapo.

Thanks Galapo for registry entry.

I Read about devcon at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/311272.

I Want to have more expamle script about  "devcon remove", Can u help me?

If you're making a backup for different hardware, generally you might want to use different images for different HALs. That is, you might take an image for ACPI and another for multiprocessor machine.

If you want to remove the particular HAL from the system you indicated with devcon, you would type this at a command prompt:

devcon.exe remove acpi_hal*

However, this does not remove files, only registry entries etc. Upon next boot, the same HAL as before will be used by the system. Just a pnp device reconfiguration is performed at first boot, but you'll notice that the same HAL is configured in Device Manager.

Which means all of this is basically useless. Either take an image of systems with different HALs set, or use OfflineSysPrep or MySysprep to detect and set HAL at first boot.

Regards,
Galapo.

Galapo wrote:

If you're making a backup for different hardware, generally you might want to use different images for different HALs. That is, you might take an image for ACPI and another for multiprocessor machine.

If you want to remove the particular HAL from the system you indicated with devcon, you would type this at a command prompt:

devcon.exe remove acpi_hal*

However, this does not remove files, only registry entries etc. Upon next boot, the same HAL as before will be used by the system. Just a pnp device reconfiguration is performed at first boot, but you'll notice that the same HAL is configured in Device Manager.

Which means all of this is basically useless. Either take an image of systems with different HALs set, or use OfflineSysPrep or MySysprep to detect and set HAL at first boot.

Regards,
Galapo.

Big thanks Galapo for guide smile