Topic: Should I have a virgin copy of txtsetup.sif & dosnet.inf?

This is my first post in this forum, I serched the Q & A and did not find enough information about my question.

Should I have a virgin copy of txtsetup.sif & dosnet.inf before running DPs_BASE.exe?

I doubt because I knew before this program would add or delete something in the above files. However, this time I found it changed nothing when I used method 1.

It reported

"Neither txtsetup.org or dosnet.org was found. The removal of any Service Packs we may have added with Driverpacks and or removal of Mass Storage textmode drivers was skipped."

I guess the new version won't revise these two files and will use drivers information by other files, I can understand this.  I don't care about the redundant information in these two files, if such redundant information won't affect the installation.

However, if it will, how can I restore the original copy? Are these files the same in different language of Windows XP Sp3? My version is Chinese.

If the same, anyone can provide me with these two files?

Thank you for your kind help.

Re: Should I have a virgin copy of txtsetup.sif & dosnet.inf?

Welcome to DriverPacks! smile
LOL, the *.org files are the ORiGinal virgin copies before DriverPacks BASE modifies them.  That statement above is just letting you know that DriverPacks wasn't previously integrated and we don't need to remove them or to restore the ORiGinal (*.org) files before integrating the newer DriverPacks.
Does that make better sense? smile

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

mr_smartepants,

Thank you.

However, my files were definitely modified by DriverPacks BASE before. Maybe the previous logs wer lost so it can not recognise thta those files were changed.

I remembered very clearly DriverPacks BASE added many infomations on them, and it did creat backup of them, when I burned the CD, I deleted the .org files.

In the previous versions of DriverPacks BASE, it would add or remove somthing in them whatever I have not the .org files.

By the way, I noted that the MassStorage Pack had not been updated for a long time, is there any new version comming soon or RC version can be downloaded? Last time I downloaded the RC copy but now I forgot where it is.

Last edited by quya (2010-02-18 12:42:51)

We have a testing version of both DriverPacks BASE and dpms in work with our testing team.
If you had used DriverPacks BASE on your source before, and your .org files are gone, then you really should start your source from the beginning using original discs.

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!