Re: [SLVD] D folder always on my C drive

xman wrote:

And could you remove that stupid "I can't follow directions and I will lie about what I did" quote from my posts that you had added.

As far as I can tell, it's the truth. 

xman wrote:

I made my XP Pro SP3 setup with nLite with IE7, Sidebar and WMP11 integrated without finalising the .iso. Then I slipstreamed the drivers with DPs_BASE

OverFlow wrote:

Are you editing the WinNT.sif (or anything else) after you slipstream the DriverPacks?

xman wrote:

Nothing has been edited after slipstreaming the DriverPacks.

OverFlow wrote:

you MUST have made changes after you Slipstreamed the DriverPacks with DriverPacks BASE.
They WERE THERE! You confirmed it in post #14. AND your log confirms it!!!

What did you do AFTER you ran DriverPacks BASE??? Spill it, Tell us what you did AFTER DriverPacks.

xman wrote:

After I slipstreamed the DriverPacks I created an unattended iso with nLite

Seems pretty cut and dry to me.
You did not follow directions, and you did not tell us the truth about your methods.
We cannot help unless you are very specific about what you did.  Once you told us about your "nlite AFTER DriverPacks" escapades, it was obvious (to us) what went wrong.
We don't write tutorials to hear ourselves talk (very often). wink

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

yeah you lied... Every single tutorial we have says in big bold print "no changes after DriverPacks".
I asked and confirmed this with you several times... you were adamant you made no changes after DriverPacks. (a lie)

Please realize that Helmi's directions are spot on Identical to what you originally told us you were doing.

I will say it again: If you would have done what you told us you did...
It WOULD have worked without issue, and you would not have needed to post here at all...

the fact is you did made changes (with nLite) after you slipstreamed DriverPacks and you definitely lied about it several times.

had you told the truth from the beginning (I run DriverPacks first then nLite...)
We would have solved this issue in one post wink
but you simply refused to admit (until post #20) that you did not follow the directions.

please note: Your issue was solved in post 21. (the very first post after you told the truth)

edit....
Please consider...
There was no need for Helmi, or anyone else, to explain the steps to you like you were a child...
NOT UNTIL AFTER You finally admitted that you made changes to your source after slipstreaming the DriverPacks.
Helmi's simple instructions have been posted, verbatim, by me personaly many times.
There was simply no need to do so until you stated that you made changes with nLite after DriverPacks.

Also consider...
Had you done something else, other than nLite, after DriverPacks Helmi's instructions would not have helped at all. wink
It was only your admission that IT WAS nLite that you ran after DriverPacks that made his instructions useful...

please also note you can run nLite after DriverPacks as long as the ONLY thing you do is create ISO.
If you make ANY changes at all with nLite after DriverPacks then your source is FUBAR.
In this case because nLite deleted and replaced the winnt.sif after DriverPacks edited the winnt.sif.
Had you done your steps in the proper order (per our tutorial)... you would have been successful every time.
We already knew that nLite will delete an existing winnt.sif... wink Therefore we must always be after nLite big_smile.
DriverPacks last is plastered everywhere for a reason. Actually lot's of reasons... but this one is as good as any.

That is why we provide our tutorials, in order to avoid support issues.

end edit...

We have been doing this for many years, I knew from the very start you had to have changed something after DriverPacks.

We were at a loss to be able to help, until you told us what you did after DriverPacks.

The truth is that you absolutely DID make changes after you ran DriverPacks.
(And it only took twenty posts to discover that it was with nLite) 
ANY one or all of our users could have solved it after that revelation...
Statistically speaking there was only one possable answer -  ID ten T + PEBKAC

Last edited by OverFlow (2009-12-11 20:06:39)

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Yeah whatever

I can't follow directions, and I will lie about what I did.

I warned you that you were on thin ice.  Banned for life!

You should have apologized for wasting everyones time...

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!

xman wrote:

I didn't lie to you Overflow. If you had put it as simply as Helmi did, you'd have saved us both a lot of time and space. Each time we cross-posted, I was trying DriverPacks in a different configration to try to achieve the desired end result...And could you remove that stupid "I can't follow directions and I will lie about what I did" quote from my posts that you had added.

You do realize that in a court of law that wouldn't fly. Just because the person didn't relinquish the information asked for and then later does makes it even worse. It's as good as lying.

Yup. They call that perjury and it has a mandatory ten year prison sentence.

In light of that, I have mitigated the lifetime ban to a much more reasonable ten years... big_smile

Ten in da Pen for da xman!