Re: Release Candidates of Graphics DriverPacks open for public testing!

WOW!!!! This is AWESOME... not only have you managed to get the packs final but being able to install my .NET with the DP will allow me to clean up some of my custom RunOnceEx items and some scripts I did... I have some work to do today lol... I will be installing three to four different laptops today with your new work and I will report back THANKS

Glad to be of service Sir!
Let us all know how it goes.

If you take the runtime Third Party DriverPack apart, you'll see in the DriverPacks Finisher .ini that I used %SystemRoot%\system32\atidemgx.dll as a trigger file (tagfile).  This means that the runtimes will NOT install unless a compatible ATI card is present.  Because these runtimes are only required by CCC, there's no point for DriverPacks Finisher to install them when they're not needed. wink
If you want to make the .NET/VC installers default, then delete the atidemgx.dll line and adjust the .ini tagfile count as necessary.

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

did someone say final...

How soon do they get posted?

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

The rc9 already on muiz's ftp would only require a relabel if all goes well. smile
So far we've had only good reports.  But I'd like to wait for abdou since he still has not yet reported back.
It'd be a kick in the teeth to go final only to have him report back finally "hey guys, it didn't work". wink

mr_smartepants wrote:

Glad to be of service Sir!
Let us all know how it goes.

If you take the runtime Third Party DriverPack apart, you'll see in the DriverPacks Finisher .ini that I used %SystemRoot%\system32\atidemgx.dll as a trigger file (tagfile).  This means that the runtimes will NOT install unless a compatible ATI card is present.  Because these runtimes are only required by CCC, there's no point for DriverPacks Finisher to install them when they're not needed. wink
If you want to make the .NET/VC installers default, then delete the atidemgx.dll line and adjust the .ini tagfile count as necessary.

Completes the runtime requirement for the ATI Catalyst Control Center.  Contains .NET 2.0 & VC 2005/2008 installers (compatible with Windows 2000/XP/2003).
Only required if you do not already integrate .NET and VC 2005/2008 in your source.
.NET 2.0 installer graciously donated by YumeYao.  A .NET All-In-One (2.0, 3.0, 3.5) installer is also available for download.  Just replace dotnetfx.exe in this package with the .NET AIO if desired.
Place DriverPacks in \DPs_BASE\3rd party DriverPacks\ directory

I'm having some issues with this that I think are related to my performing a 2 step DP install process...
I followed your directions but they don't seem to install which makes me wonder about the way I am doing this...
Is this pack supposed to integrate and then run at T13? ...my 3rd party packs run from a SAD RunOnceEx call

If I try using YumeYao AIO integrated with RVMI do I still just need to use the VC 2005/2008 and can they run from the RunOnceEx SAD call or is that to late for the ATICCC?

The only requirement for ATICCC is to have .NET and the VC runtimes installed any time BEFORE the CCC installer executes.
Whatever you choose to do to make that happen is up to you.  I personally use Yumeyao's .NET AIO at T-13 along with Roguespear's VC installer also at T-13.  But I've tested the runtime Third Party DriverPack and it works flawlessly.
BUT
If you use the runtime Third Party DriverPack AND try to install .NET or VC's earlier in the process then the DriverPacks Finisher WILL HANG on those installers because they're already installed.

But my 3rd party packs which include the new runtimes don't run at T13 because they are being called to run via SAD at RunOnceEx... Due to the reg limit I have broken my installs in to 2 packs; main which runs normal and then a 3rd party SAD which runs via RunOnceEx...

you will have to move the graphic dependent 3rd party DriverPack to the primary install, from the SAD install wink

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!

Right.
But it's the DriverPacks Finisher that installs all of them.  Not SAD. Although SAD does run a second instance of DriverPacks Finisher.
If you have the runtime Third Party DriverPack present in the %cdrom%\oem\ folder then it will be extracted along with the other DriverPacks and the installers will be made available to the DriverPacks Finisher.
Otherwise, you'd be better off removing the runtimes Third Party DriverPack and integrating .net and vc using either T-13 or ROE.

Are the recent release candidates (rc11 and rc10) more stable than the release candidates listed in the first post (rc9 and rc10)?

Last edited by dumpydooby (2009-12-07 07:32:52)

Yes.
In fact, I'm using rc11 as the basis for the 912 final.  I found a minor typo in DriverPack Graphics A\N1\nv4_go.inf and I'm taking my time scrubbing for other bugs.
We'll have final 912 graphics DriverPacks for Christmas!

Just to clarify, is that typo fixed in the current rc11? If not, can you tell me what it was so I can fix it on my end? I'm going to be doing some driver testing over the next couple weeks due to an influx of incoming units coming in need of reformatting.

dumpydooby wrote:

Just to clarify, is that typo fixed in the current rc11?

No.
in DriverPack Graphics A\N1\nv4_go.inf move all of the listed hwids from [NVIDIA_Devices.NT.6.0] header to the main listing under [NVIDIA_Devices] header.
I have it fixed here in the final.

*Edit
Ah, crap.  nv4_go.inf has a bigger typo than I first thought.  It needs a rewrite to work with the new drivers. sad
I'll have it spotless for 9.12 final.

Thanks to everyone in this forum for working so diligently on these packs.  I’ve been testing the Graphics B 911rc9 and 911rc10 driverpacks because I noticed they included the FireMV series cards and noticed one thing missing.  I originally had the same problem when I made a 3rd party pack for these cards.  You seem to have one file missing from your AE\B_76015 folder and that’s atiicdxx.dat.  If I extract those RC driverpacks and manually try to install the driver in the AE folder you receive a message saying “Setup cannot copy the file atiicdxx.dat.”  When you extract the FirePro_8.583_XP32_77157.exe (or whatever version you’re working with) that file is found in the \$HWNDPARENT\BIN folder.  I changed nothing with the DPGPB rc10 pack except adding that file to the B_76015 folder and then the driver loads perfectly on a FireMV 2250, FireGL V7100, and FirePro V5700.

Last edited by eethball (2009-12-11 04:19:18)

Tested all and i have to say this worked good. Tested on over 120+ PCs. It was awesome to see that in all, all drivers got detected and everything went smoothly.

EDIT: I have to add several HP Laptops were tested, a lot of Intel P4 and Core 2 Duo and a lot of AMD also. I even tested several old sis/pc chips/asrock/foxconn ones. Other Asus and MSI were also tested in the many PCs i checked. Have to thank my cousins and close friends for helping me test this amount.

Last edited by banshee (2009-12-11 04:33:01)

@eethball
Excellent details! thanks for helping us to help you!

@banshee
120! wow, nice work!!!

eethball wrote:

You seem to have one file missing from your AE\B_76015 folder and that’s atiicdxx.dat.

That's awesome!  This is EXACTLY the kind of information I need!
I've been going through the DriverPacks in anticipation of the final release and I've been finding little (papercut) errors like this to fix.
Once I finish them, I can't wait for you guys to try them in production environments.  You'll love them!

Thanks to both eethball and banshee!  You guys are both heroes in my book!