Topic: [REQ] Webcam - Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000

I would like to request to have the Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000 drivers added to the WebCam DriverPack.  Thank you, in advance.

Link to driver download:
http://logitech-viva.navisite.net/web/f … qc1180.exe

http://d1syubgj0w3cyv.cloudfront.net/cdn/farfuture/5ocSdUxUxrK5g8rfTm7_39bPWgBMWiteXNH4McROrNw/perpetual:forever/userbar/mainteam-1.png

Re: [REQ] Webcam - Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000

Hi Echo_platoon.
Can you tell us before-hand if this driver presents problems with installing when you do NOT have the hardware?

You are an old timer here and a trusted hand, and I think you have seen that we get some impossible requests.
For instance, when we use driver extraction tools, we sometimes see that nothing the team uses gets a usable driver, and then we either get in a situation where:
1; person with the hardware does not know how to extract the full set of files in usable folder.
2; driver install routine is propriatary to installer and extraction tools cannot extract the main from a non existing main because main deleted temps, and the DL exe wont extract without running that routine.
3:we get no response, and miss only a few files..

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Jaak wrote:

Hi Echo_platoon.
Can you tell us before-hand if this driver presents problems with installing when you do NOT have the hardware?

You are an old timer here and a trusted hand, and I think you have seen that we get some impossible requests.
For instance, when we use driver extraction tools, we sometimes see that nothing the team uses gets a usable driver, and then we either get in a situation where:
1; person with the hardware does not know how to extract the full set of files in usable folder.
2; driver install routine is propriatary to installer and extraction tools cannot extract the main from a non existing main because main deleted temps, and the DL exe wont extract without running that routine.
3:we get no response, and miss only a few files..

Looking at the drivers for it, it seems to have the same structure as the other Logitech drivers that are currently in the pack.  I haven't tested installing on a machine that doesn't have the hardware, but I will test it on one of my machines.  Once I do test, I will share my results in this thread.

I do know that the drivers could be extracted using 7-Zip from the DL exe, as that's how I extracted them.  There are three folders that each contain different parts of the drivers for the Webcam, it seems.  The HWIDs in one of the folders seems to overlap the HWIDs of a Logitech folder that is already in there, but the driver files differ.

Last edited by Echo_Platoon (2008-12-07 02:46:34)

http://d1syubgj0w3cyv.cloudfront.net/cdn/farfuture/5ocSdUxUxrK5g8rfTm7_39bPWgBMWiteXNH4McROrNw/perpetual:forever/userbar/mainteam-1.png

I did not look at it yet, but for sake of educational discussion..
It could be an update, and it could be driver with poison overlap.

(a poison overlap is when it has older/competitive HWIDs it does not work with.)

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.