Re: DriverPacks BASE 8.09.rc1 - We need your comments, Please!

Is the DPsFnshr suppose to move/remove the changelogs from the %systemdrive% because on my only two real installs I noticed that after the finisher ran that everything was moved properly but I was still left with changelog_<driverpack>.txt  for any driverpacks that had changelogs in them.  Thanks again to everyone for all their work.

The changelogs are part of the nightly builds.  DriverPacks Finisher won't move those.

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

Thank you, It was a long day yesterday and I hadn't noticed that I was still using 3 nightly driverpacks that I was testing roll

Hi eethball, welcome the flux.

I would like you to be part of what makes us get into a structured improvement move. We are in a flux.. we are NOT fluttering.

Your testing of what is "in flux" will benefit all when you tell us
1; what you did (all the steps)
2: what you expected
3: what result you had

examples:
When you report GOOD or bad, while testing against known DriverPacks issues in drivers, the generated logs help.

If you have a niggle with the GUI or orher DriverPacks Base function and NOT a HWID conflict.. Please, PLEASE tell us what you expected to see in the interface (DriverPacks GUI) or what you had expected to see when you changed option, or as result after you ran it with your options.

for logs, we should have a FAQ.
simple; (gui in CPL for folder options) unhide all system,  and unhide system known extentions.
OR (the dark DOS screen aka cmd console)
CD\
dir /s /e /h *.log
dir /s /e /h *.ini

edit....  (forget set=) forget MsDos.

OTOH, this is too long to be in a sig and not beyond basic. I just wonder why so many do not know how to post those relevant logs.
we gonna havta have a faq?
find logs and INI by cmd or path, as shown in signatures by the DriverPacks gurus

Last edited by Jaak (2008-10-24 06:33:51)

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

hmmmm

testing will benefit all when you tell us
1; what you did (all the steps)
2: what you expected
3: what result you had

x1;  how did you reproduce the isue?
X2; IF.. could you FIX? IF so, how did you fix the issue.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Let me start by saying I love this tool and it has saved me countless hours of work.  I love the new SAD feature.  One question I did have was on the DPsRootDel  = "false" option.  Am I understanding this correctly, the option is only if you are using a thumb drive or external drive for the location of the \D\ folder and if the option is not used all of the drivers are still installed on the machine and not removed.  Other than that it appears to have worked perfectly on 3-4 machines that I have tried it on. 

In response to markstrelecki's and OverFlow's post about SAD being intended for a machine that has all of its updates a tool that I uses that might help is c't update available here http://preview.tinyurl.com/yp993m  It will download and create an iso of all of the Windows and office updates for XP, Vista, Server 2003 and multiple versions of Office.  Work great if you dont have a WSUS server. 

Again many many thanks to everyones hard work.

Last edited by tregora (2008-11-07 02:59:42)

Welcome to DriverPacks!

Re:
DPsRootDel  = "false" option.  Am I understanding this correctly, the option is only if you are using a thumb drive or external drive for the location of the \D\ folder and if the option is not used all of the drivers are still installed on the machine and not removed.

ONLY if you are useing M1 (Method One) and Not useing a Read Only media
IE M1 SAD location on a thumb drive - or a network share...
without the switch the original files would be deleted from your source location.
pay no attention to this if you are not useing Method 1
- 99 out of 100 users are not useing M1
although SAD ( to be renamed SoFI {Software First Installer} ) clearly has advantages as an m1 source on an ODD since add new hardware wizard will recursively search an ODD.

Glad we have been able to make your life easier! That is why we are here!

have a great day and thanks for the kind words

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

OverFlow wrote:

SAD ( to be renamed SoFI {Software First Installer} )

argh! too bad. I kinda liked that "SAD makes you happy." :)

talking about nature, I like using feminine words, but not as much as for computer things... /2 cents

call it So Fine

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.