Re: FindHWIDS v3.2s - The INF Searching, Hardware ID Exporter

i have a Problem with Ver 3.2h

When i scan DP_Modem_wnt5_x86-32_90522
an error comes in \D\3\M\S\1\mdmhamrw.inf

Last line in CSV is:

%Modem1%=Modem1,PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_434D;                    ATI IXP200

the last 6 entrys are missing:

%Modem1%=Modem1,PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3068&SUBSYS_4C62534D;    VIA and SmartRiser561 Rev C and D
%Modem1%=Modem1,PCI\VEN_1039&DEV_7013&SUBSYS_4C62534D;    SIS and SmartRiser561 Rev C and D
%Modem1%=Modem1,PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_01C1&SUBSYS_4C62534D;    nVidia MCP and SmartRiser561 Rev C and D
%Modem1%=Modem1,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2446&SUBSYS_4C62534D;    Intel ICH2 82801BA and SmartRiser561 Rev C and D
%Modem1%=Modem1,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24C6&SUBSYS_4C62534D;    Intel ICH4 82801BA and SmartRiser561 Rev C and D
%Modem1%=Modem1,PCI\VEN_1039&DEV_7013&SUBSYS_42011558;    clevo DX4EV smart link modem

ERROR:
AutoIt Error
Line-1:
Error: Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded

btw: thx for this great tool

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, I had already posted this in the third party pack main download thread to have them fix the INF. But it hasn't happened yet.

Post #220 on page 9 http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic. … 87&p=9

Last edited by stamandster (2009-06-14 03:51:17)

Wow, I was going to fix the modem dp, but over half of the hwids are duplicated!  I don't even know where to start! sad
That dp is a real mess!

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

Mr_Smartepants, do I have access to upload the third party packs?

kickarse wrote:

Mr_Smartepants, do I have access to upload the third party packs?

LOL, everybody does. smile
http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=329

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

Hi all,

If you download this tool from Microsoft website (Pnpids.exe) and place setupapi.dll (version from windows 2000) in the same folder where you extracted too, the tool will also work under Windows XP.

Direct download:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/ … X86_EN.exe

Hi Cobravox, you may have the wrong thread. FindHWIDS was created under Windows XP smile

I doubt that a win2k tool is aware of things like 64bit sections and vista sections ect...
  Plus we can't adjust it if needed wink

Thanks for pointing it out to us... it is always nice to be aware of all available options!!!

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

The latest version is almost ready. Biggest improvement has been the addition of being able to choose processor arch and os version. Should be done by the weekend barring anything crazy.

v3.2j @ 2009-06-22 -
-- Added filters for processor arch and os version, you must select BOTH an OS version and processor architecture
-- Fix scan count again, will only count true/real INF files
-- Sysprep will not automatically select only currently installed hardware, so a user can select the OS Version and Processor Arch offline if needed

Plus, source has been released!

your tool is awsom but there is to much information to manualy process ...

a very usefull feature would be to be able to point to two locations
one would be the driver pack like storrage driver or network
and the second one would be a personal driver folder

then the result would output 2 logs
-A one with the drivers included in the pack
-B the other one with the drivers not included that need to be packed in a custom pack / to be submited so they can be added to the the pack

-C eventualy the output could be split more granular (in more files) like one for the drivers included in both location but newer version in the folder etc.

in a perfect world the tool would actualy sort the driver files in the personal folder split the files up (-A / -B / -C) the same way as the log files
comment out duplicat or diver included in the pack leving only (-B )the one that nead to be submited or custom packed.

Thanks for the comments. I do think that would be a nice feature. Right now people are exporting versions of downloaded drivers to see what hwids are in the drivers and then comparing them to earlier version using something like winmerge.

I think it'd actually be a nice idea to implement something like it scans the driverpacks (and you can add the windows inf folder too, perhaps scanning the windows folder first?) and it'll output an unsupported drivers list of your current hardware.

actualy in my case i use a bart cd that i trie to maintain as universal as possible
i have the driver packs as a base but not all the hardware in supported in the packs
so i have a hudge growing folder of drivers that grows when ever some thing is not supported
but this folder is not catching up (being cleand up) as it is difficult to do so
resulting in also making it difficult to submit missing driver.
so with a tool like that it would make it easy to identify what drivers are missing in the pack and post them

smal question a bit out of topic but ...
is there some kind of standard place where to request driver additions like a form or any kind of thing like that?
or do we just need to post in the forum ?

I understand your plight smile

I think all you have to do is go to the appropriate forum for the pack you want an update on type something like [REQ] Atheros Driver XXX.XX
then be as detailed as possible on the hwids you are looking to add drivers for.

Hi @kickarse , the error listed above by @predator2003 is not still fixed.
Thanks for you great tool, is very helpful

The issue is this file

\D\3\M\S\1\mdmhamrw.inf

[MODEL_SECTION]
%Modem1%=Modem1,PCI\VEN_10B9&DEV_5450;                    ALI1535 [Primary MC]
%Modem1%=Modem1,PCI\VEN_10B9&DEV_5450&SUBSYS_4C225349;    ALI1535 [Secondary MC] and SmartRiser56

The issue comes into play because whomever edited the file added the brackets to the comments. That screws stuff up. It's really easy to just edit out the brackets in the comments.

Whomever is building the packs should edit the inf to fix this issue.

Last edited by stamandster (2009-07-06 09:13:59)

when i wrote my script i think i wrote a line that removes everything after a semicolon on any line wink

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!

Yeah, it's not so much the reading of the line but the regular expression that searches for sections. The regular section ini reading function in Autoit won't support larger inf files. So I had to adapt one from the autoit forum.

At some point i'll write something into it but I haven't found it necessary yet. I mean this is one case in many thousands.

If you want to download the source Jeff and see where I can improve on that scan functionality be my guest smile I would be great full for the help.

Last edited by stamandster (2009-07-06 11:06:45)

IDK if you have my Email so I sent you a message.

Attach your source and i will add the line for you smile

http://sourceforge.net/projects/driverf … source.rar

This is the source. You should be able to find your way to the function that scans the sections. It's uses regular expression to find the beginning and end of the section.

Hi i was wondering if anyone could as I must be doing something wrong.

I  using v3.2j and trying to integrate the current mass storage drivers wnt_x86-32_901 into sysprep.inf

I've extrated the drivers and moved the D folder to c:\D I then run 3.2j using that as the default directory to scan. Check the option for the sysprep.inf and select x86 and windows xp as my options. Sysprep.inf does get modified. But when running sysprep it keeps popping up the unsigned driver window. So after clicking continue anyway for the drivers sysprep displays the reseal failed error.

I can provide any further information you made to see where I went wrong. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

It's most likely because the drivers aren't signed. It's a normal function. You can try turning driver signing off. This is the reason why the driverpacks team coder wrote in a driver signing supression function.

Also, the sysprep.inf export wasn't designed so that you could do every single storage driver but to mitigate the adding of drivers you know will work in the systems you will want to deploy to.

What I would do is go by the massstorage ini file that gets extracted by the driverpacks to figure out what drivers can work together in what OS. At some point I'll write a function to do this.

OffLine SysPrep does this now wink

Thanks for the help guys much appreciated.

Anyone find issues or want something added to the functionality?