Topic: Stealth version of Hidec

Hidec is widely used to silently run batch files or other console programs.  One of it's virtues was the fact that it wasn't picked up by antivirus like cmdow is.  Unfortunately that has changed and it's now picked up by a few scanners.

Here is what VirusTotal says about it:

AntiVir - SPR/Tool.Hide.A
AVG - HideExec.EV
Webwasher-Gateway - Riskware.Tool.Hide.A

I've removed these signatures.  File size is still the same at 1.5kb, I did not pack the exe.  Please keep this file here... don't spread it around everywhere.

Usage: hidec /w program
/w is optional and instructs Hidec to wait for program termination

http://rapidshare.de/files/40141026/hidec.7z.html
password: driverpacks.net

Re: Stealth version of Hidec

Heh, what a surprise, AntiVir and AVG once again being abotu the only programmes deteting a valid file as a false positive.

I mean, I cannot be conincedence when almost everywhere you go no matter what topic, users report false positives of various files, it's 99% one of these scanners.

My personal opinion is to dumb them and use something else.
What good is it for if it makes you paranoid seing evil around every corner (file)?

At least they chose a proper designation so you can see it's only a harmless hide tool...

I stopped using these programs when CMDOW went down... Then got brought back up as the AV's removed the detection from it, then re-added it back.

What a pain!
I gave up and just let my command windows hang out on the screen during my Windows install (Unattended setup, so usually not there to see them anyways... O well.)

Yeah, whether it's really needed is another question.
Basically, I would assume it's for hiding these "ugly" or "strange" windows from customers when you run an installation on their system or let them do that by themselves (so they won't bother you with questions about what that window was that showed for the splint of a second).

Personally, I can do very well with the command windows.
Not bothering in my book.
The installation does not have to look perfect - it's nice when it does, but no requirement.
As long as the outcome is 100% to the desired smile

I used to rely on hidec for silent WinRAR installers, but have since moved to Oleg Scherbakov's modified 7zip stub.  It has built in support for silently executing batch scripts.

However I do still find uses for hidec and it drives me crazy when other people complain about AV warnings in my stuff.