Topic: QUESTION: Which method to use?

Hello all,
I am new to one of the greatest utility on planet: driver pack utility..!! But i am confused as to which method to use for slipstreaming, as there is already an $oem$ folder created by UXP.exe...!! so which one am i supposed to use..!!

Thanks and Regards
Mudvari

Last edited by Bâshrat the Sneaky (2006-07-26 02:37:03)

Re: QUESTION: Which method to use?

That really depends on how much space you have for the DriverPacks to take up.
Method one will extract all the files and use the CAB compression, while method two relies on the much better 7-ZIP compression.

If you're going to create a DVD anyway, you can savely use method one.
Although, there seem to be some bugs with this, so it's saver to use method 2 ATM.

If you only create a CD (say, the PCs you want to use it on don't have a DVD drive), there's no way around method 2.

I've always been using it and I don't see any reason for me why I should go method one.

I assume installation would work faster on slower systems with method one, but usually, speed is not my main concern, as it never takes more than an hour to fully finish installation (and I use lots of add-on packs!).

Re: QUESTION: Which method to use?

Thanks for the advice and space no problem..have a dvd +/- rw...but I tried using both meth0ds (method 2: twice and method 1: 1s)...but there seems to lotza problems..!! firstly...the problem is in Realtek HD Audio (ALC861). The system reports that there is a driver file missing or corrupt...!! Secondly..i have also created a 3rd party driver base (as per Bashrat's guide) which is only for nvidia (Forceware91.31)..and this driver is not at all being installed bcoz either its not recognized or there is some problem while slipstreaming...!!

This is how i did: Both methods i used were after preparing an unattended installation via UnattendXP v4.2 (but prior to creation of ISO image)...and i don't use uxp.exe for drivers slipstreaming!! is this the rite way??

help me out here...!!