Topic: [IMPLEMENTED] option to rename all drivers to upper case

I'm using driverpack BASE v6061 everything seem's to slipstream ok but some of the driver files are not converted to UPPERCASE which then gives me an file not found type error in text mode,
At the moment i have to convert  the i386 folder contents back to UPPERCASE after running the slipstream process.

Is this a known issue or am i doing something wrong with this new GUI version of the slipstreamer ?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Bâshrat the Sneaky (2006-08-11 00:15:17)

Re: [IMPLEMENTED] option to rename all drivers to upper case

I will add this as an option.

About which exact files does setup complain?

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

Are they aliide.sys and atiide.sys?

Bâshrat the Sneaky wrote:

Are they aliide.sys and atiide.sys?

Yes, atiide.sys in the i386 folder is the one file that gives the file does not exist/found error in text-mode part of xp install and cannot continue with install from then on, So i don't know about the other file you mentioned but obviously you are aware of the issue anyway.

Thanks for your time

ironside

Nope, it was the most obvious guess wink I've implemented this in DriverPack Sound B 6.08, so it will be fixed for you wink

Most people don't have this problem, but it seems those with a very specific version of Windows XP do experience it.

EDIT: forgot to tell: I haven't made this an option, I've just set all BusExtenders to be CABbed to upper case files wink

Last edited by Bâshrat the Sneaky (2006-08-11 00:16:15)

Thanks Bashrat, much appreciated   smile

OK i updated to DP Base 6.0.8.2 

The issue is still there but now it is with aec6210.sys that could not be found during text-mode of xp pro installation.

After checking my i386 folder some but not all files havebeen renamed into UPPERCASE.

And of course the files i have a issue wth are always in lowercase.

Thanks again for your time

ironside

I thought it was only an issue for the BusExtender drivers... well, then I'll apply it to ALL mass storage text mode drivers in the next update wink Then it definetely will be solved.

Thank you bashrat, much appreciated

Had the same aec6210.sys error. I've renamed all files in the \QSC\wnt5_x86-32_uni_DP_MassStorage_608_textmode folder to uppercase and all works well again.

Last edited by Houz74 (2006-08-16 09:09:31)

Implemented the change: from now on, EVERY text mode mass storage driver will be named upper case!

You'll have to delete your QuickStream Cache directory Houz74 mentioned though, else the changes won't get applied.