Re: OPEN: keep F6 to load textmode drivers available as an option

On the F6 floppy thing. If you are using XP with SP2 it is smart enough to look at the floppy drive during install and choose a driver (hopefully the correct one) and load it and install it in the drivers section as a part of the install.

A USB external seems to work better than an internal one and they are certainly cheap enough now.

I am amazed that Microsoft does not allow USB Flash Drives etc. to be used.

BigBrit wrote:

I am amazed that Microsoft does not allow USB Flash Drives etc. to be used.

May I introduce you to MS Vista, it all works here (you can even chose a standard IDE controller-connected HDD that you may also have in the case) wink

Still, I'm also puzzling why floppies where the only option upon XP's release when they were already outdated back then...

BigBrit wrote:

If you are using XP with SP2 it is smart enough to look at the floppy drive during install and choose a driver (hopefully the correct one) and load it and install it in the drivers section as a part of the install.

"In the drivers section" - is this during textmode or later? Because I need this driver to have acces to the hard drive I'm going install to.

This is during Textmode (F6 section). In theory you should have access to the HD after that driver loads AND format has completed.