Topic: Can't download drivers packs

Can't download drivers packs,it says access denied?.Could anyone help?.

Re: Can't download drivers packs

Ive just tried the driver pack base & CPU & nboth downloaded ok for me. its not something your end giving you access denied is it.. ie firewall,content filter or download blocker of some sort.

disable your download managers.

Hello all,

I can't seem to get any of these downloads to work.  I tried using IE v6 and FireFox v2 with no download manager.  I'm hoping I don't need to upgrade IE to v7.

Here is an example:

I go to http://driverpacks.net/DriverPacks/ and then click on DriverPack Chipset and then Proceed to download page and then Download DriverPack Chipset! (url=http://driverpacks.mirror.thesneaky.com/DP_Chipset_wnt5_x86-32_7101.7z).  That only brings me to http://driverpacks.net/leechwarning.php.

I tried clearing the browser cache and registering/logging into the forum before downloading in case that was required.  The only other thing I can think of is rebooting, which I'll try when I can finish up some of this stuff running here. 

Oh, and thanks for all your hard work on these driver packs.  I can only imagine how much time you must have spent on all this.

Ed

There was no PHP edit done I know of, and the link to chipset you wrote gave me a working file DL.
DriverPacks has a few people who know how to publish main DriverPacks.
They have a code of honour.
We admit mistakes.
I am not aware of any.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

IIRC, the PHP code uses a referer line to activate the download.  Some AV programs with firewalls (Symantec does this!) will block the referer and you'll receive the 'anti-leech' warning.
The solution is simple, just disable your firewall for the duration of the download (don't worry, there's no spyware involved).
I was hit by this several times until I upgraded to the new Symantec Endpoint Protection which fixed the blind referer issue.

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

mr_smartepants wrote:

IIRC, the PHP code uses a referer line to activate the download.  Some AV programs with firewalls (Symantec does this!) will block the referer and you'll receive the 'anti-leech' warning.
The solution is simple, just disable your firewall for the duration of the download (don't worry, there's no spyware involved).
I was hit by this several times until I upgraded to the new Symantec Endpoint Protection which fixed the blind referer issue.

I haven't been using any of the Norton/Symantec programs for a couple of years now but I am a bit puzzled what blocking HTTP referrers (that are part of the HTTP specification if I'm not mistaken) has to do with firewall measures.
Probabaly nothing...

OTOH, having to disable your PFW simply to download a file seems to be a rather unadequate measure for such a simple task.
Firstly, if you really NEED a PFW (i.e. no router or other means of HW protection) then it's probably not the best idea to disable it AT ALL.

Secondly, if you do not need a PFW (mainly because you do have HW in use for the task) then the question remains why you are using one in the first place.
No harm done here apart from the fact that it will use up a little system resources and seems to be quite bothersome seeing as you actually have to fiddle with it in order to simply download a file (and we certainly aren't the only site using HTTP referrers). wink

Thirdly, even if there was spyware involved (h*ll NO!), a firewall wouldn't be the proper tool to protect from it - a virus or malware scanner (most AV solutions include the latter one) is what it would take to uncover this.

PS: Yeah, I know I'm quite anti-PFW and I'm sure I am repeating myself here one or the other way.
No need to tell me this - again (you can though, if you really wish ;P)

Norton should still allow you put DriverPacks.net in trusted sites, and when you do you look at its options for referrer.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

OK... Wow... I was kinda hoping there was a problem with the links.  Well, I took your advice, disabled NOD32 Antivirus, disabled Outpost firewall, even configured router for my PC to be DMZ host, and still the same thing.  OMG, I just bypassed my router completely and it still doesn't work.  I even changed IE to use low security and added this site to the trusted sites.

I give up!  Is there any other site that has these files?

Have you tried Firefox, just a thought.

Yes, I tried IE v6 and FireFox v2.  I got around this problem by installing windows on another drive and it worked there.  I must have something corrupt, but I doubted that since I haven't had problems on any other website.

Kinda ironic... I had to re-install Windows in order to download the drivers I needed for the Windows install disk I'm working on.  wink

For me, several months ago it wouldn't work UNLESS I set up my ISP's HTTP proxy (which I usually never use because I'd get referrer errors from other sites then).
Because this is the largest ISP of Germany and basically affected all their customers, I think Bâshrat the Sneaky changed something in the referrer code to make it work again without the proxy.

As for your case, I can only give you the advise to fiddle with your browser's HTTP proxy settings seeing as you've tried virtually all the other options already...

Very interesting.... I would have never thought to ENABLE a proxy to fix a leeching warning.  I'll have to remember that for future use.  Thank you very much for that info, but I'm not going to waste any more time troubleshooting it since I got the downloads another way and I'm going to be re-installing WinXP soon.

Ed

Me, neither, so it took me quite a while to find this out.
Even more surprising when this was working great for months if not years before so I was puzzled very much when it stopped working.
Only though coincidence I happended to remember my ISP's proxy which I last used some +5 years ago.

The even funnier thing was that all the nightly downloads worked fine (so I could test them packs alright) but I couldn't get any of the official ones wink
Well, as long as I grabbed the latest nightly before finalization (which usually is just a rename anyway), I was fine... tongue

I keep trying to download driverpacks but always get this message. What am I doig wrong?

thanks

Jill

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /DP_Chipset_wnt5_x86-32_7101.7z on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I don't have a firewall - I'm running win98se (don´t ask). I'm on satellite broadband. I don't have download managers. I think I'm on IE5. I desperately need the driver packs so I can load xp on my brand new laptop which no longer works because I threw out vista in a hissy fit sad

Satellite broadband probably does require a fixed proxy to work (from what I've heared/read, never had that myself) so that may be your problem.
Maybe check with your ISP.

Do you have any proxy set up in IE settings?
Does it require you to run a tool/programme to dial in?
98 doesn't have native BB support anyway so you'd at least need a PPoE driver or somesuch, IIRC.