Topic: All drivers WHQL?

I appologize if this has been answered before but I couldn't find it after a search. As the title says, are all the drivers in the driver packs WHQL? Also, just wanted to say fantastic work, these driver packs are great! smile

Re: All drivers WHQL?

I think not all have the certificate, but the driverpacks deactivate the check automatically!

Re: All drivers WHQL?

Correct, lieblingsbesuch, but let me clarify...

For all devices that have WHQL-signed drivers, those are the ones Bâshrat uses (even if newer, unsigned drivers exist).  Beta drivers aren't used unless absolutely necessary (as with nVidia's video driver because they suck lately wink).  There are rarely exceptions to this rule.  Customized drivers from 3rd parties are never used. Period.

For devices that never had properly signed drivers, the latest known drivers are used.

The check for signed drivers, however, is not disabled permanently.  Disabling the WHQL check only prevents warnings with any unsigned drivers it finds that it must use (signed drivers will still be preferred over unsigned ones).  The check will be reenabled after Windows has all the drivers it needs.

Last edited by 5eraph (2006-06-30 21:41:19)