Topic: hwids.exe server and tool

hello to everyone!

didn't get the chance to read posts around the forum ,so this may had been brought up .. i can't suspect

noobs  post #1 smile

.. hwids.exe seems to collect all the right extra drivers data on "one" the single pc.

i was thinking of a tool that can update drivers accordingly to what hwids.exe finds
and automatically collect and fold out a directory for drivers ... updated from driverpacks.net
like when using siginet's driver grabber. except with a true automatic updater from Driverpacks.net database and by hwids.exe reports.

so it can be also easily be used in other small ways like with this small addon :
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5384

would really appreciate such a tool. seriously!! who wouldn't?
and personally thats all i will need or use. regarding drivers .etc

also it may help in building a new database by collecting info regarding legacy or new drivers  from old/new pc's, with options to allow users to auto upload drivers  in case the data base asks for these/that drivers so actually the database can be tutored to learn how to build automatically ,when users around the world maintain it with their hwids.exe ... :crazy but cool:

so when will this cool hwids.exe be put in to real use.  tongue

Last edited by XpxVista (2007-10-08 14:35:45)

Re: hwids.exe server and tool

Hi, welcome to Driverpacks.net! smile

That idea is already on our "to-do list".

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

Thanks to Carlo Bramix's knowledge i would share some interesting links that could help:

RBPCI

a program to display lots of information about the PCI-bus devices inside a computer. All device-specific data is stored in editable text files for ease of updates (submissions welcome!).

PCI Vendor and Device Lists

an engineering resource for people who need to deal with computers built around the PCI bus. It's reason for being is that there is no other centralized database of PCI device IDs. This database is entirely user-supported; all the data has been, and continues to be, furnished by those working in the PCI market. Feel free to add info for the use of others!

wink

Marco Ravich
--
>>Forward Agency
In progress we (always) trust.

EDIT: Sorry, double post.

Last edited by forart.it (2007-10-08 20:31:35)

Marco Ravich
--
>>Forward Agency
In progress we (always) trust.