Topic: BSOD after integrating driver packs

Hey guys, I have been "wasting" weeks trying to make a "universal" unattended XP disk, and I have been able to "build" one, using nLite to do certain things, and RVM Integrator, to do other's, and of course DBase for the driver packs here.....however, for whatever reason, I have had success only on Intel based systems eg:- Dells, but the same setup disk just won't work on an nForce 560 Gigabyte board with an AMD 6000+.

If I start from scratch, and do everything up to the point of the driverpacks, i will install, but ANY driverpacks, even just graphics or sound, results in a BSOD.

Any idea's, cause I would REALLY like to get to the bottom of this dilemma. I know there's issues this nVidia based boards, but.........:(

Re: BSOD after integrating driver packs

Be sure you've got the order right...

Slipstream a service pack if you need to (if you use nLite to do it, make sure you don't do anything else)
WMP11 slipstream (if you want it)
RVM
RVM Addon Packs (IE7, .Net 1.1, WGA, anything else really - although they're safe to add into the nLite step)
nLite
DriverPacks

Other than that, I don't know what to say.  It sounds like it could be a problem with the chipset/CPU drivers.  Have you tried only integrating only a 3rd party pack (something like printers)?  If you can get past it with a single 3rd party pack, then I'd start sifting through each pack determining which one is killing your install (use a CD-RW for this step).

Also, it's not usually the problem but try slowing down your burn speed (it's at least worth a try).  Some CD drives don't like it when you burn over a certain speed.  You'll definetly be okay with 4x, but 8x is usually fine.  12x and 16x have given me issues with CD players before, but only 32x and higher has given me problems on a computer's CD drive.

Last edited by TigerC10 (2007-09-17 18:53:18)

~TigerC10~

Thanks for the reply TigerC10, I'm almost ½ a step ahead of you..I have tried a driver pack that shouldn't affect things, eg:- Graphics & Sound, as I thought it may have been the CPU or Mass Storage packs, but it didn't matter, any, cause the BSOD, and as for the burning speed, I'm using 2 or 2.4 X dvd rw's.

I used to be able to slim down XP heaps, using ONLY nLite (earlier versions) what seems like ages ago, but if I try the same now, it' just doesn't work,  I have wasted months, trying to get the end result I could be happy with, and this nForce board has turned out to be a Pain In The A--- !!!!!

Regards

Well for sure you shouldn't use nLite to slim down after DriverPacks.  DriverPacks should be the very last step.

Also the reason I said a 3rd party is because sometimes audio/graphics can be on the motherboard (same with LAN) - so do something with a 3rd party that has no chance of being on the motherboard like a printer pack.

~TigerC10~