Topic: DUPLICATE OF BUG #24

Setup cannot continue. Press any key to exit.

This is the first thing I see when running my unattended XP SP2 install. Only thing that has changed is that I'm using the CP. I renamed all current DP's accordingly, and used the newer chipset DP. Method 2 was the only option (a bug?) and I slipstreamed.

I've been using RVM's update packs and Bâshrat the Sneaky DP's for 6 months now without issue. This is the first time I've used Method 2, and I will try to revert back to Method 1.

Re: DUPLICATE OF BUG #24

Could it be that it's the same issue as the one described here?

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

Bâshrat the Sneaky wrote:

Could it be that it's the same issue as the one described here?

Most likely. So just adding a ";" by the troublemaker line should fix?

The line in question is (according to MS word) PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0055="nvatabus" without quotes.

Another question - using method 2 I noticed it is exceptionally quicker to set up the install DVD image, however which method would be faster during the actual unattended setup?

Last edited by Fragbert (2006-05-28 05:42:59)

Deleting one of the extra '=' would work much better. tongue

Method 2 is slightly quicker than Method 1 when it comes to setup.

Setup using method 1 will actually show what it's doing (copying driver files) during textmode minus the yellow progress bar.
Setup using method 2 will have you staring at a blue/green blank screen for about 5 mins after first reboot (after textmode).

The following sentence is false.
The preceding sentence is true.

razormoon wrote:

Deleting one of the extra '=' would work much better. tongue

Method 2 is slightly quicker than Method 1 when it comes to setup.

Setup using method 1 will actually show what it's doing (copying driver files) during textmode minus the yellow progress bar.
Setup using method 2 will have you staring at a blue/green blank screen for about 5 mins after first reboot (after textmode).

As stated above when quoting the line, there is no extra "=" in the line in question.

EDIT: wrong line.

Line is PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0055="nvatabus"

Last edited by Fragbert (2006-05-28 05:43:26)

That's a weird error... I'd say your ISO/CD/DVD is corrupted.

Bâshrat the Sneaky wrote:

That's a weird error... I'd say your ISO/CD/DVD is corrupted.

Messed up on the line. I used the line from a method 1 install. Here is the correct method 2 line:

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0055="nvatabus"

BUT this was in word using find->go to-> typed in the line. So scrolling down I did see a statement two lines down with a "==". We'll see now if that fixes it. smile

Last edited by Fragbert (2006-05-28 05:47:58)

Nothing wrong with that either. My guess is that it was just that faulty NVRAID entry...