Topic: OPEN: DriverPacks BASE 6.06.1: svcpack.inf prob and sound driver not installed

OK, Tried the latest version of Driver Base & Drivers and although I like the GUI,
it does not seem to work like before.    I selected Chipset, LAN, Sound A & B only and attempted to
slipstream.  The first time it got to a point and crashed with an error message "Could not Extract \I386\svcpack.in_"
So I thought, why is it trying to mess with that file as that's a list of Service Packs to install and shouldn't be related to drivers!  So I resolved that by taking a svcpack.in_ from an older build and putting that in place.   Well then I tried slipstreaming and it worked without error, but it deleted all the data in the svcpack.ini file, leaving only one KB83667 or something like that.
So I burned my build and tested everything.   Well, the PC has a Sound Blaster PCI128 and it failed to install the driver for that.  I found the folder named D on the C: drive and then went to the S Folder, then the CR Folder and windows was able to find the driver it needed for the sound card.  But it didn't install automatically through the Driver Packs so I figured something must be wrong. 
And then I though it was supposed to do something after first login, but it doesn't seem like it did because it left all it's baggage on the C: drive and didn't clean up anything.

Oh well, guess I gotta wait till the bugs are fixed and I was looking forward to this version too..

Last edited by Bâshrat the Sneaky (2006-06-27 21:56:00)

Re: OPEN: DriverPacks BASE 6.06.1: svcpack.inf prob and sound driver not installed

You were using 6.06.1 I presume? Could you please submit this issue at the bugtracker and attach your original svcpack.in_ with which the DriverPacks BASE had difficulties?

Please also post the HWID for that sound card.

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

Re: OPEN: DriverPacks BASE 6.06.1: svcpack.inf prob and sound driver not installed

Yes, I was using 6.06.1
unfortunately I don't have the original svcpack.in_ anymore.   As for the HWID of the sound card,
I will try to post that next time I fire up that test machine...