Topic: OPEN: uxtheme.dll + WXP Home + DriverPacks = theme service disabled

ok, very weird problem

it is, whenever I use DP (all latest), and slipstream it to XP Home, Theme service is not started and I have to manually start it.

I installed before applying DP, and theme service starts automatically.

after slipstreaming DP, theme service is not turned on on first logon

very weird thing is, under same circumstances, it works fine with XP Professional.

I used Ryan's DP, as well as tried Xable's lite DP. I don't think it's the DP's error, rather some incompatibility with DP and other pack because it works with every addon and nlite w/out Bashs' DP.

if anyone have same issue, plz share

Last edited by Bâshrat the Sneaky (2006-06-27 22:07:18)

Re: OPEN: uxtheme.dll + WXP Home + DriverPacks = theme service disabled

Xable's lite DP? What is that? You mean UpdatePack I guess? tongue

As far as I know, this can impossibly be caused by the DriverPacks. But as you're saying, it must be some kind of dark issue... veryyyy dark.

Perhaps it's also useful to tell us on which hardware configuration this is happening?

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

yes Xable's UP is what i meant. wink

test was done with Vmware 5.5 as well as toshiba 5206 laptop (p4-mobile setup), as well as dell inspirion 8500.

just reinstalled with ryan's 207 and latest DP, and it seems that the problem not only lies with uxtheme.dll but with other services as well. (like WIA, and WZC for wireless connection)

they are all 'stopped' and I have to manually start it.

Well... you know too that I do not mess with any services, so I don't have the slightest clue by what this could be caused. I can only say that if you really want to narrow down the issue... you will have to do some extensive testing. I can understand if you don't want to.
Here's what you'd have to do: create a disc with only the Updatepack. Works? Ok, then add DP MassStorage (both text mode and normal (=Plug 'n Play)). Works? Ok, then add DP Chipset. And so on. You can also work in pairs or triplets if you want to... just use only a selection and extend the selection everytime it keeps working.

Ok, so you want me to start from 'clean sp2' disc? or disc with all other Updatepack integrated, and then integrate your DP one by one?

fyi, I did not use DP_Mass for quite some time now.

larciel wrote:

Ok, so you want me to start from 'clean sp2' disc? or disc with all other Updatepack integrated, and then integrate your DP one by one?

fyi, I did not use DP_Mass for quite some time now.

With UpdatePack... since that's essential for you (and most people).

ok, it's safe to close this thread.

after 8 hr testing. found out the problem was at vmware driver that I downloaded from ryan's forum. tongue

thx for your support bash.

Ok, It seems that the fault was not VMware driver, rather something that involves video card driver (or maybe Plug-n-play monitor)

because I just confirmed the error occurs whenever Video driver is picked up by windows.  I just did clean install on my laptop and the problem was at it again, I reinstalled it w/out DP_graphic, and all the services starts tongue

perhaps this is some incompatibility between so many things I integrate (Ryan's DP, nlite, xpize, etc etc tongue)