Topic: jmicron BSODs again :-(

Hi guys,

Got myself a new board, a GA-G33-DS3R with ICH9R southbridge and JMicron controller. The JMicron controller is set to IDE mode so it should (and it does!) work with the standard IDE drivers included in Windows XP and Windows 2003.

However with any of the recent DP massstorage driverpacks integrated in a Windows 2003 or Windows XP setup CD (I tried with both), the jmicron jraid driver is used instead of the atapi driver which results in a BSOD each and everytime I install either Windows XP or Windows 2003 server.

Can you guys limit the use of the jmicron driver to only RAID and AHCI modes of the Jmicron controller and let Windows use the standard ATAPI controller if the jmicron controller is in IDE mode ? PLEASE ? :-)

I have solved the situation now by removing the J folder from the DP masstorage and editing the ini file, removing all occurances of the jraid driver but this is obviously no solution for everyone.

Any hope for a solution in a future pack ?

Thanks,
Alex

PS: Do you need my HWID´s ? I think this would apply to all boards with jmicron controller not only mine so i don´t know if my HWIDs are needed.

Re: jmicron BSODs again :-(

up ?

I am seeing that the DP 7.09 did not contain any changes regarding the jmicron adapter. Is it not possible to restrict loading of the driver to AHCI, RAID modes only ?

Thanks for your help,
Alex