Topic: [Request] Additional main forum 'Sysprep' with other Driverpack ones

Hi,

If anyone has been keeping an eye on the packs thread, they may have noticed I have been having alot of issues, especially with the graphics packs.
I have been struggling over last few months with issues that may or may not be directly related to my chosen method of creating a universal image with sysprep.
I would quite like to have a discussion area that can confront some of these problems as I think quite a few people have this goal in mind.
At the moment there are posts about sysprepping but seem rather scattered into other areas. I think it would be nice to have a central point for them.

thanks smile

Re: [Request] Additional main forum 'Sysprep' with other Driverpack ones

I too am working on trying to create a universal image with sysprep. If they could somehow develop software that would integrate select drivers on an already installed windows xp. So when Sysprep does its PNP search it searches through those drivers for the new hardware. I am currently experimenting with putting just the wanted drivers into the system32 folder but I expect problems with that. If anyone has successfully integrated drivers onto an installed OS let me know.

I've done that, it really isn't too difficult. From a sysprep point of view, you need to do two things:

1. Get the relevant mass storage into sysprep.inf so the system can boot from them.

2. Get every *.inf file that the driverpacks have in the "oempnpdriverspath" setting. Then it will use this to detect HW during mini-setup.

I believe both have been covered already in this forum.

I had created a "universal imaging" forum yesterday, based on another request. See http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewforum.php?id=30.

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com