Topic: New Dell Latitude D830 *not* working with DP

Using the dell-specific driverpacks (latitude graphics a/b/c), the d830 wasn't able to detect the correct drivers.  I had to install graphics/sound/modem myself after the installation

Re: New Dell Latitude D830 *not* working with DP

Uhh...  Dell don't make Latitude anymore so it must be new to you.

It might be a little more helpful if you listed the specific devices wink

~TigerC10~

rigid: same issue with D820's too, ive posted lots of logs of failing-to-detect- devices
Tiger: they do, see here http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/produ … &s=bsd

Haha, I just got told. big_smile

I see they're only being sold in the business areas now.

~TigerC10~

Instead of bitching more, I figured out how to add the drivers I need to the driverpacks.  Do I need to include instructions for the driverpacks or does it automatically detect it once I extract it?   (Using the 'from the CD/DVD' method)

I recommend making a 3rd party pack and slipstreaming it that way.  It should work perfectly normally if you do it that way.  I wouldn't mod any of the standard packs to include what you need. smile

~TigerC10~

rigid:can you post what you have added etc in the relevant packs topic so they can get included into the main release packs?
Fragbert added drivers for other Dell things in test packs that worked but twhen the main driver releases got updated they weren't inlcuded and everything went pear shaped.