Topic: [SOLVED] integrate via drivers.cab or new cab ?

I would like to integrate Nic drivers to the install not utilizing the drivers.cab file or a new cab file.I would like to know if there is a tutorial on what fuiles need to be modified.  IE drvindex.inf, txtsetupsif, and what ever else needs to be modified.  I would then like to reenumerate unknown drivers and install those drivers from a remote location.  Thank you in advance for any help you provide as it is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Re: [SOLVED] integrate via drivers.cab or new cab ?

whoops sorry I would like to utilize the drivers.cab or a new cab file.

If you do not want to use CABs for the (added by BASE) drivers, then simply use Method 2.

If you do want to use CABbed drivers, Method 1 is for you (but carries some restrictions on the amount of drivers possible to add).

That said, you can edit your posts for clarity instead of creating a new one and not helping with confusion much wink

.cab's are never used. Driver.cab is never touched.

Method 1 = each file gets CABbed separately
Method 2 = each DriverPack is a 7zip archive (this is the faster and more reliable method)

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

I am not looking to use method 1 or method 2, but actually take the drivers and integrate them into windows.  I am looking for a process to put the drivers in the i386 directory and having windows detect the drivers.  I would like to modify txtsetup.sif and what ever other files need to be modified to recognize the drivers.  I know this ould take some time, but that is what I am trying to do.  Thanks in advance for any ehlp you can provide.

I am not looking to use method 1 or method 2, but actually take the drivers and integrate them into windows.  I am looking for a process to put the drivers in the i386 directory and having windows detect the drivers.  I would like to modify txtsetup.sif and what ever other files need to be modified to recognize the drivers.  I know this ould take some time, but that is what I am trying to do.  Thanks in advance for any ehlp you can provide.

jmcease wrote:

I am not looking to use method 1 or method 2, but actually take the drivers and integrate them into windows.  I am looking for a process to put the drivers in the i386 directory and having windows detect the drivers.

That's what M1 does, AFAIK.

As Windows is already able to detect the driver files from within the drviers.CAB, it can do so with any consequitive CAB files containing drivers (which is the case with M1).

What advantage do you seek in including the (presumably uncompressed) drivers?

You can always try and use nLite to add the drivers "just as", if you want, btw.
Can't see the gain behind this, though.

I need to do away with $OEM$ usage as I am trying to deploy via a boot server.  The boot server doesnt know how to treat the $oem$ so I am trying to truly integrate the drivers.  The installation via cd method wont work either and I dont want to modify the source.  So I am trying to take my drivers and integrate them so I dont need to modify the source or copy drivers to the hd and search that path.   Any help you provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,