Topic: You got confused by many updates?

Hi,
I spent a good part of a week of holidays on trying to fix outstanding issues, and there was little time to test fixes.
We are shortstaffed on testers.
I apologise for the typoes what made Mass-Storage fall flat.
The few guys doing detective work on what had suddenly gone wrong in mass storage revealed there were older undetected errors and I thought "We need to have a Quiz Show".
I thought. "If one comma can get your attention, why not USE that idea."
Put up test pack, Make an error, let guys test the works, and debug a few others in the process..

Is that a good thing to do on publicized DriverPacks?
NO.

But.
This is what a testing team is about.
We are short staffed in testing team.
I noticed People whom modify the packs so as to make them work, and some detectives, and we had never heard from them before the killer comma happened..
Their feedback was helpful. They can be testers, they can later on also become team members.
(To truly do what they already do.)
I am hopeful.

Oh the news?
a 707 of Mass storage, Sound a and b, were released.
We hopefully survive the fourth of July.

Last edited by jtdoom (2007-07-03 07:14:14)

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Re: You got confused by many updates?

On the new site, my plan is to make test versions (let's call it "dev versions", which is more accurate) available to everybody. So whomever is having a problem, should give the latest dev version a try. Or anybody who would like to help us, of course.

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

Bâshrat the Sneaky wrote:

On the new site, my plan is to make test versions (let's call it "dev versions", which is more accurate) available to everybody. So whomever is having a problem, should give the latest dev version a try. Or anybody who would like to help us, of course.

That's a good idea.

http://d1syubgj0w3cyv.cloudfront.net/cdn/farfuture/5ocSdUxUxrK5g8rfTm7_39bPWgBMWiteXNH4McROrNw/perpetual:forever/userbar/mainteam-1.png

Agreed, that is a VERY good idea. smile

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

yep, and I again apologise for those flukes.
In Mass Storage, we have an outstanding issue on Ali-Uli, where new driver will not work with older chip, but the hardware detection does NOT differentiate changes in the chip masks.
That is probaly a real [NOT FIXABLE ].
As is, the two folders (older/newer) for Ali-Uli have 100 percent overlap, with NO subsys tags in drivers.
That in itself is bad.

A simple soLution would be to ditch the older, but members do say that the newer does not  support their chip.
sad
This is a one that got bumped up after 9 months, and I see no easy solution.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=75

Last edited by jtdoom (2007-07-07 00:42:43)

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.