Re: Hangup at T-13

Well, I don't think it's DriverPacks anymore...

After having had it out of my disk for some time now, I began having "freeze" issues at T-12 again.  It seems to be rather random, sometimes it doesn't freeze, other times it does.  It's all rather confusing.  I think it's cmdlines.txt, so I'm just going to empty it and stick everything in guirunonce in my winnt.sif file.

But thanks anyways everyone!

Bâshrat the Sneaky wrote:

I've quickly read through this thread and I can assure you that both hotfixes are valid hotfixes and have worked fine for a long time.
You seem to have found a bug though - please report it in the bug tracker so I won't forget to fix it.

Have you narrowed it down any further already?

I signed up for an account, but every time I try to log in to report it, it tells me that I am not allowed or something.

Last edited by TigerC10 (2007-07-19 10:20:01)

~TigerC10~

@ TigerC,
the dutch pack for RVM had a bug in june.. it is apparently fixed, and I have used it without hiccups.

I cannot reproduce what you report.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

...  Jaak, I've said it twice already but I guess you didn't catch it.

I am not using the RVM packs anymore.  I started with it, but then when I had this problem I just went and grabbed all of the updates myself and streamlined them through nLite. smile

I think it has to do with CMDLINES.TXT, I think if I empty that out it will not have issues.  It's worth a shot I think.

~TigerC10~

Okay, so what editor do you all use for CMDLINES.TXT - I suspect that it has to do with my editor putting something else in there that I don't see that breaks my windows installer.

~TigerC10~

Good ole Notepad does splendid job for me ususally.

Using Notepad 2 or Notepad++ if the file become a bit too big for the MS programme to handle, though...

Just mind the encoding options...

did you grab all the updates from the MS site or are you just useing nlite to slip the Ryan stuff?

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

I downloaded all of the updates from MS through their windows update catalog.  I only streamlined the ones that worked, some of them produced errors or didn't make sense - that took about 4 or 5 disks before I could break it down to only the updates that worked (some of the downloaded updates were to things that weren't installed - like .NET or Office).

Anyway, I have confirmed it - CMDLINES.TXT was the issue.  Although I don't know why it would randomly cause problems the way it did.  Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't.  Very strange.  Anyway - it all works now.  I'm going to attempt to streamline the drivers one last time - I know where to come if it doesn't work wink

EDIT:

*thumbs up* Problem Resolved!  DriverPacks successfully installs.  I still don't know why it was so random before, but w/e - it works now.

Last edited by TigerC10 (2007-07-22 05:13:58)

~TigerC10~