Topic: SOLVED: MakePNF.exe hangs after reboot

I think it has something to do with the driver packs but can't find anything about it. After everything is installed and first login everything is blue and MakePNF.exe seems to cause it to stall. If i cntrlaltdel to the taskmanager and end it everything loads and is fine after that. Anyone know what could cause this? It happens in VMWare and regular computer installs.

Last edited by Bâshrat the Sneaky (2006-06-28 05:23:19)

Re: SOLVED: MakePNF.exe hangs after reboot

How long did you let it run? It CAN be running for quite some time...

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

Oh to clarify this is after first login, the second reboot, not the first where the drivers are extracted, i know that can take a while. It stays on the blue screen forever. It has never happened before, i think it might have something to do with CCC as i've removed it.

Last edited by HexiumVII (2006-06-14 20:57:04)

HexiumVII wrote:

Oh to clarify this is after first login, the second reboot, not the first where the drivers are extracted, i know that can take a while. It stays on the blue screen forever. It has never happened before, i think it might have something to do with CCC as i've removed it.

Hi,

I'm having similar issues with the new base driverpack. I configured mine to use ATI CCC and after the first reboot it hangs at the blue screen and then the "this driver has not passed Windoze Logo testing" keeps flashing on the screen. If you Ctrl-Alt-Del you can kill the MakePNF.exe task and Windoze starts up normally.

Hope this helps with tracking down the cause of this error.

Cheers and keep up the good work!,

MickW

@MickW: If it keeps flashing REALLY quick then it might be just ok... those windows are automatically closed, but it's possible that at given moments Windows finds unsigned drivers so quickly after eachother that the script that closes the Windows cannot keep up with it. So... don't worry about it.

Just give MakePNF.exe the time to process all the drivers and it should work just fine!

@HexiumVII: so far you're the only on whose system MakePNF.exe hangs, so perhaps it's an isolated case. If others can confirm the problem, I'll look further into it.

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com