Topic: [Bug] P5B Deluxe:Dual JMB36X entries, one with Yellow Exclamation mark

Hi !

On the P5B Deluxe Board by Asus, that contains the JMB363 controller there are 2 entries of that controller in the system manager after installation with DP 7.05 (and earlier): One of those entries is normal, the other has the yellow exclamation mark on it.

The ID for both is:

PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2363&SUBSYS_81E41043&REV_02\4&18CD42CE&0&00E4

Is there a way to fix this ?

Thanks,
Alex

Re: [Bug] P5B Deluxe:Dual JMB36X entries, one with Yellow Exclamation mark

I had the very same with lastest home made DP_MassStorage to support ICH9.
Jmicron driver v1.17.17.00 was included ... and I had yellow ! .... then I deleted it (uninstall device) ... rebooted ... then it was correctly installed.

Last edited by maxximum (2007-05-25 06:54:35)

Had the same issue some time ago (also posted it here). Same trick to make it work, uninstalled the driver (from DP) and manually installed again. That solved it.

R.

Hi

Jmicron 1.17.17.00  is actually put in the mass storage 7.05 release (located at \J\2) and now that you posted this, I am beginning to wonder about this driver.
It was the first such that supports both AHCI and RAID from within one INF.
(the JMIDE in there is for people who selected IDE mode, and intended for plug and play, not txtmode)

in 7.05, the old driver for AHCI is still there.  (at \J\1)

There is a test version in feedback, wich has J-1 replaced with a Gigabyte Jmicron release, which also supports AHCI, and in that test pack, J-1 only does Gigabyte's version, and J-2 will do all but gigabyte's.

you could find it, and test it, and reply in the topic you got the testpack in.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.