Topic: [REQ] Intel Active Management Technology Serial Over LAN (SOL) Driver

The Intel Active Management Technology Serial Over LAN (SOL) device is contained on the Intel Desktop Boards DQ965CO, DQ965GF, and DQ965WC.

The Intel Active Management Technology Serial Over LAN (SOL) Driver is available at the following web page:
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_ … p;lang=eng

Version 5.2.0.1019   11/07/2006

This driver enables the remote display of managed client's user interface through management console and emulates serial communication over a standard network connection.

After downloading the device driver, the extracted file will contain a "SOLinf" folder. This folder contains the mesrl.cat, mesrl.inf, mesrle.cat and mesrle.inf files.

At a minimum, can the "Serial Over LAN" driver be added to the LAN Driver Pack?

As a bonus, can the silent install of the setup.exe be added to the DriverPack_LAN_wnt5_x86-32.ini?  The setup.exe can install in the Local Management Service (LMS).

Re: [REQ] Intel Active Management Technology Serial Over LAN (SOL) Driver

hi
I would be able to do the minimum, but would not know how to do the bonus (silent install)

You could maybe show me how you did it, and we will all learn.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

The SOL driver for AMT enabled chipsets has been bundled with the DP_LAN for a while now, and it used to be bundled with intel's LAN releases under \PLATFORM\IntelAMT\Drivers\WinXX\ - that is at least how they covered SOL up to the 945 chipsets. The Q965 SOL implementation is a little different, but the drivers should be similar in structure and not require the setup routine.

hi
when I updated the LAN pack, I left IntelAMT IN the pack.
(the updated driver did not have this any longer, but I left it in.)

I need to clear the folder where I looked at all these driver requests, and re-download some (I may have to add a file with the topic link to keep track)
anyway, I'll look again, but if it requires an exception to run it, I'll need some help.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.