Topic: mising Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio hdaudbus.sys

Hi

I am imaging (a Dell Optiplex GX 745) everything is installing/detecting fine except the Microsoft UAA bus driver for High Definition Audio.

After install i get a yellow exclam with 'PCI Device' for

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_284B&SUBSYS_01DA1028&REV_02\3&172E68DD&0&D8: PCI Device

Manually going to update driver I get a prompt for the hdaudbus.sys, which if manually pointed to c:\windows\system32\drivers is found and installed fine - but why cannot this be found by the system?

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_284B&SUBSYS_01DA1028&REV_02\3&172E68DD&0&D8: Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio

When this has been done manually, it then automatically finds and installs the SoundMAX driver ok from C:\WINDOWS\DriverPacks\D\D\S\SM\D\4

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_11D4&DEV_1983&SUBSYS_102801DA&REV_1004\4&33439BC3&0&0001: Microsoft UAA Function Driver for High Definition Audio - Adi 1983

Any ideas why its unable to find/see the HD audio driver file in the firstplace, my install has been made sourced from RyanVM 1.4.3 and latest but one release of the driver packs/base (i'd manually added the \4 dir and makePNF on it)

Thanks for any help

Rich

Last edited by chud (2007-04-18 19:53:00)

Re: mising Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio hdaudbus.sys

I've done some searching and this appears to be same problem as 6 months ago

These are relevant threads, first one is exactly same problem as point 3) which was meant to have been solved?
http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?pid=3516
http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=67
http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic. … 1000#p1000

Check file SVCPACK.IN_ in your I386 directory before & after slipstream :
Uncompress it : expand SVCPACK.IN_ SVCPACK.INF

It should be like that (once uncompressed) :

[Version]
Signature="$Windows NT$"
MajorVersion=5
MinorVersion=1
BuildNumber=2600

[SetupData]
CatalogSubDir="\i386\SVCPACK"

[ProductCatalogsToInstall]
KB888111.CAT
KB921401.CAT

[SetupHotfixesToRun]

It's actually a VMWare install that has been updated with Autopatcher, sysprepped and then ghosted. This was the result of ghosting it onto a Optiplex 745.
The SVCPACK.INF was fine with KBKB888111 etc in it, and files from hotfix appeared to be correct and in correct places. Everything else had installed fine.

I fixed the problem by just reinstalling the KB888111 hotfix on my image in VMWare before syspreping/ghosting it. Nothing came up to say it was allready installed?
It then installed without issue on the Optiplex as it should have to begin with....

I can therefore only assume there is some problem in the way its integrated because otherwise manually installing the hotfix shouldn't have fixed it. It seems to be the exact same problem that was mentioned in that old post.

it is not a problem in se..
VMware does not need 888111, so when setup runs from slipstreamed source, it is not installed in it.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.