Topic: general question about driver packs...(SOLVED)

At my work place they still use Windows 2000 since the network admin can not get the network to work right with XP. Since he is a volunteer I just got stuck with the job of setting up any and all "new" computers. The problem comes when I install Windows 2000 it does not have the same driver support like XP does. That means that I have to first find then download all the right drivers. After two computers that is getting very old....

When I install XP on a computer it finds the right drivers that the computer needs with out the user having to pick any options. I was wondering if I was to "slipstream" the driver parks from this site into W2K if it would act more like XP does, or it the user would still have to find the right drivers on the CD that they need to install?

Last edited by dcanup (2007-04-14 06:16:55)

Re: general question about driver packs...(SOLVED)

Sure.  Shouldn't be a problem.
You can follow our tutorial here.

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

Great....so far I am loving the idea of these driver packs. Thanks for the link to the Tutorial I can see where it will help.

On a side question, in the screen shots I see that your windows explorer looks different. That is done using StyleBuilder right?

dcanup wrote:

Great....so far I am loving the idea of these driver packs. Thanks for the link to the Tutorial I can see where it will help.

On a side question, in the screen shots I see that your windows explorer looks different. That is done using StyleBuilder right?

Glad to help.
The Visual style I downloaded from here, it's called 'MiVista' with the added shellstyle (same dl link).  The author has several other really nice themes.

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

Thank you for you time and help.