Topic: Sharing Slipstreamed ISO's with eachother

Hello dear people,

First of all this is my first post here, but i am already using this webiste for a longer time,
to help me to create the perfect XP/HOME/PROF installation CD/DVD.

The updates and installation of apps or unattended are not so important for me, but especially SATA/RAID is!

Now my question:

IS there anywhere on this board a place where members share their slipstreamed, driver packs integrated
ISO's?

And if not is it maybe an idea, to create one?

I mean for some people it is really hard the first time to create a good working ISO, they way you want it.
Even if you have all the tutorials and information on the internet, because as for me, everything to do with it
is totaly new.

Maybe there are some members here that have a fully working XP iso, with all the driverpacks included,
so also the SATA/RAID drivers so there is no need anymore for F6 during install, and your sata driver will
be recognised, especially on laptops this saves a lot of time (connecting external Floppy drive, founding correct driver) etc.

Maybe even someone is willing to contact me, that says ok i have a working ISO and i am willing to share (if that is allowed, if not i am sorry administrator)

I myself am still working on create the perfect ISO, and will install VMware workstation, i hope i dont need vmware server.

Thanks for this nice place, and driverpacks.

Last edited by Milierkovic (2007-03-31 02:09:31)

Re: Sharing Slipstreamed ISO's with eachother

Generally, what you are asking is a violation of the Microsoft license agreement.  Depending on what country you are from, you may be breaking the law as well as those ISOs you refer to would be considered "Pirated".

Building the 'perfect' ISO is a long-term commitment and many have found it a rewarding experience to learn.
This person spent years refining the 'perfect XP DVD'.

I would recommend reading the fine tutorials found at MSFN.

For integrating update packs and hotfixes, you can read the pages here, here, or here.

For integrating drivers, may I humbly suggest our own beginners tutorial here.  This tutorial is under revision currently and may be updated to rc1 status soon.  Once final, it will probably be moved to the main page.

Remember, we are here to help, not help you break the law.

Last edited by mr_smartepants (2007-03-31 03:08:32)

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

Ok understood, thanks for your answer mr_smartepants

Yeah, I can only second what mr_smartepants has pointed out.
We cannot distribute a full ISO that contains those files to be found on an ordinary XP CD.
While generally the licence only covers the printed genuine sticker seal on the manual along with the serial number (without which you cannot use XP both legally as well as practically), I doubt that distributing the CD even without the S/N would be approved by MS.

Of course, no one will bother if you use the ISO of a real-lifeâ„¢ friend as long as you enter your own serial (for instance, mine is already included i nthe ISO for a true unattended installation) and have your own valid licence.
But putting the stuff on the net means you share it with the whole world basically.

I know I can only speak for myself in this issue, but personally, I found the tuts on MSFN pretty newbie friendly.
Make sure to start with the erasiest level, then, when you managed to come up with a working ISO (be sure to test it on a secondary machine or a VM!), advance to the next tier.
That way you will not only learn how to do it so one day you will be able to even help others smile but also can customize your ISO to your liking.
I'm sure each of us here uses a slightly different ISO which each us deems best for oneself so there isn't the best allround ISO to be found anyway.

What we can do, though, is share the INIs so that you can use the same settings as someone else.
This especially works great for nLite.