Topic: CLOSED: DriverPacks BASE API

I have an AutoIT script I use to run through the steps of nLite, Bâshrat the Sneaky, CD creation, VirtualPC, etc. I have always modded my Bâshrat the Sneaky to replace all PAUSE's with PING's in order to run automatically. One of the things I noticed immediately on trying the new version is that, unlike the previous batch version, the new GUI cannot be run and exited automatically. With your switch to AutoIT it should be easy to add this functionality in order to cover this, so here's my suggestion.

1) Switch /auto (/a) runs the slipstream process and exits.

2) Switch /update (/u) runs the Bâshrat the Sneaky update procedures and exits.

3) The two can be combined (/a /u) in order to auto update the packs then run the slipstream process.

Congrats on taking this program into the AutoIT world, while I've only used it for a few automated install scripts besides my GUI HEXpcd project, I wish it had been around way back in my DOS BBS/FIDO days. wink I look forward to seeing where you take this project.

HEX

Last edited by Bâshrat the Sneaky (2006-06-27 22:21:36)

Re: CLOSED: DriverPacks BASE API

Allready implemented... allthough I think your program has to be registered with Bashrat first to be able to use API mode.

/API:"(Name of your App) (Version)" /SETTINGS"X:\Path\to\your\mysettings.ini"

Don't think he's implemented an autoupdate feature yet. But I don't think there would quite be a need for that yet.

Thanks for your reply, I'll try the API mode and see if it gets me anywhere. I saw mention of API in another post but could not locate a forum or docs for it, probably it's forum is hidden from me. Autoupdate for BASE is in the new version IIRC from his posts, and he is considering implementing update for all driverpacks, see his post here for discussion on this.

Yes I know the discussion of it. wink
ThX.

I personally think that an autoupdate for the DriverPacks would be not needed yet.  Sometimes a new bug has a chance to slip into a new DP... so if you have a stable DP you wouldn't want to autoupdate it until you have tested the new one.

I would like to see a way to manually update within the DP Base gui though. smile Like the DP Base is updateable now.

It is Bashrats decision either way though.  He's doing an excellent job as well!

You'll get access in the next update of the DriverPacks BASE, as I've told you through mail wink

Topic closed.

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com