Topic: Customize one CD with all drivers for my Lab computers

hello,

I need to customize one CD that has on it all the drivers for my Lab computers. for example: I have a Lab with about 20 computers that have 4 different hardware configurations. So when I install windows on one machine I need to use about 2-4 CDs to to find the needed driver.

So what I need is to extract only the drivers files from all the 7-9 CDs and put them on one cd. You know when you open a manufacturer's driver CD it contains alot of file and folders and at the end we only need a certain number of files not the whole cd.

Please help, how can I do that, and what are the needed files extensions that are really important for the driver to work if i cut them out of the cd and they don't have to rely on other files from other folders on the CD.

Last edited by asaradi (2007-02-05 05:40:24)

Re: Customize one CD with all drivers for my Lab computers

The needed file extensions will depend on the drivers involved, there is no set rule for this.

I would suspect if you created a XP CD with the Driverpacks integrated, all of your systems would come up with the correct drivers anyway!

Re: Customize one CD with all drivers for my Lab computers

This has been linked to before... this should do what you are looking for, and it is automated smile
http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?s=e … 9&st=0

~Dave