Topic: Printer Packs

Now that DP is open source, I hope that one of these days printer drivers from the big three companies (HP, Epson, Canon) will be included in the driverpacks. smile

Re: Printer Packs

Check the 3rd party DriverPacks wink

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

Bâshrat the Sneaky wrote:

Check the 3rd party DriverPacks wink

Ditto, However... The Printer Packs are VERY large compared to some of the Official driver packs. So, I doubt they will ever be made official.

~Dave

so it's not yet official sad

kenotz wrote:

No. and quite frankly... It probably never will be, because a printer is an optional piece of equipment. The Official driverpacks are aimed at getting only the computer and its vital system components working.

You can check in the 3rd Party Driverpacks thread for updates on unofficial packs for non-vital components such as printers... or check out my post Here for a list of current member submitted packs. We already have packs for Cannon Inkjet & Laserjet as well as a HP Printer pack.

~Dave

Last edited by twig123 (2007-01-03 16:47:15)

twig123 wrote:
kenotz wrote:

No. and quite frankly... It probably never will be, because a printer is an optional piece of equipment.

Yeah, unless someone came up with the splendid idea of on-board printers wink, I doubt they will make it official.
After all, if we start to include some external devices, we'll have to go for all of them, and where will that end? tongue

hmmm.... Imagine a super mega blu-ray disk. wink  The ultimate install disk. big_smile

I downloaded all the 3rd party pack (not VMWare) and integrated into a DVD Bot Disk
The size on the DVD is 1050 meg (1.05 gig) so I do no see a problem.

Bâshrat the Sneaky and the rest of the guys have made an amazing job of the Base and it integrating the KTD.
It does not take as long as it did with the old batch files system.

I have nearly all the HP lasers and almost everything Canon makes, laser and InkJet.

Thank you guys again.