I've been busy with the holidays, when I get a second I will post them.


I ended up making a stripped down BartPE disk with just the RAID driver and NIC for this machine and it works, I'm not sure what the problem is with the mass storage driverpacks and this RAID controller but I'm in business now.


mr_smartepants wrote:

It doesn't matter what HWIDS are supported by the Dell driver you have.  What matters when using DriverPacks are the HWIDs of the target machine.
If you have PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2652&CC_0104 then section [I2] is correct and is version

Ok, thanks, yes per the HWID tool PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2652&CC_0104 is one of the four HWID's for the 82801FR SATA RAID controller and per the masstorage.ini it refers to the I2 driver but apparently I do have some kind of issue with the I2 driver.

I'm unsure of how to proceed or troubleshoot further at this point.

A few more notes on this.  Looking in driver information in XP for the RAID controller it shows the HWID as PCI\VEN_8086&DEV2652&CC_0104

When the machine boots it shows to be an ICH8R RAID controller, however, looking at the Intel txtsetup.oem it shows the HWID to be an ICH6R

Could the issue be that my machine has an 'R' controller in it and there for needs a different driver than the standard ICH6/7/8 without the R?  The driver in Windows is identified as an Intel 82801FR SATA RAID controller, v

I have been working for a couple of days on a BartPE/UBCDWin4 disk for use on a Dell workstation that is using the Intel IC8HR RAID controller.

Right after it gets to the desktop environment it BSOD with an iastor2.sy_ 0x7B fault.  A member at the 911cd.net forum suggested posting over here.

I have gone through the Dell txtsetup.oem that came with the machine and verified that all HWID's listed in it are present in the mass storage ini.

Of course some of the HWID's in the txtsetup.oem reference different drivers in the ms.ini, but what I find odd is the BSOD is referencing iastor2.sys which is different that what my machine uses, my machine has an ICH8 and that should be the I3 section, not I2. 

Another thing I find odd is the ICH8R HWID is DEV_2822&CC_0104 which in the ms.ini file shows to be I7 (ICH9, 10, etc) and dev_2821&CC_0106 references I6 (also ICH9/10)

I'm a newbie at this so I hope I'm giving proper information.