Re: Problem booting a Dell 2950 SAS 6iR

I am going to be delayed. Bart hangs at please wait. I had a feeling that such a significant change was likely to introduce issues, I also wonder whether any of my plugins are going to be affected by this change.

In any event, one of the suggested actions is to try ntdetect.com from SP2. I don't have SP2 to hand at the moment.

I resolved the issue with W2K3 and Bart now loads the R194052 driver and I can see the drives attached to the controller. Which is obviously good.

At this early stage it looks like all my plugins are still working too, which is a big plus.

However when I add the driverpack, Bart fails to start, reporting a corrupt driver QL2300.sys

I tried removing that file from the DriverPack plug-in, and all references to the file in the INF. But after rebuilding Bart it then complains that it is unable to load the file QL2300.sys

I spent a fair bit of time trying to figure this out, and for the moment I am stumped. I even removed references to QL2300.sys from the following files but it did not resolve the error

drvindex.inf
layout.inf
pnpscsi.inf

VeeDub wrote:

I resolved the issue with W2K3 and Bart now loads the R194052 driver and I can see the drives attached to the controller. Which is obviously good.

There seems to be no XP drivers available, may be a "custom" version of the controller.

However when I add the driverpack, Bart fails to start, reporting a corrupt driver QL2300.sys

Update storport.sys
http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=3590

cdob wrote:
VeeDub wrote:

Update storport.sys
http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=3590

That worked. Thanks!

The only problem that I have now is that since switching to W2K3, the networking is configured as DHCP even though I am specifying static. Hopefully this will be a known issue too.

The behaviour is specific to the Broadcom NetExtreme II driver. The driver works with both XP and W2K3, but when building with XP-SP2 the driver will configure as static or DHCP as specified in penetcfg. However when building with W2K3-SP1 the configuration defaults to DHCP regardless.

I will see whether I can work around this by performing a regshot and then running a batch file at startup.